War Child is an independent and impartial international non-governmental child rights organization investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. With a focus on child protection, mental health and psychosocial support, we strive to empower children and young people, while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict affected children and young people. War Child has been working in the oPt since 2006, and has offices in Jerusalem, Hebron, the Jordan Valley, and in Gaza.
War Child seeks a motivated Emergency Response Operations Officer to join its team, based in Gaza.
General Objective of the Job
The Emergency Response Operations Officer will support the Operations Department in ensuring that operations and accounting-related processes and systems are running effectively and efficiently to enable programme staff and other stakeholders to implement the War Child Programme in oPt. This includes accounting, logistics, procurement, and security functions for Gaza operations. The Emergency Response Operations Officer is also responsible for supporting the Operations and Finance Manager in compliance with external donor financial and administrative requirements. Based in the War Child office in Gaza, he/she directly reports to the Operations and Finance Manager (OFM).
Position in the organization
The Emergency Response Operations Officer reports to the Operations and Finance Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Essential functional relations: Operations and Finance Manager, Head of Programs, Logistics and Procurement Officer, Accountant, Project Coordinators and implementation team, MHPSS Advisor, and in-country, regional, and global advisors.
Job Location: Gaza
Starting date: Immediately
Duration of employment: until 31st of December 2021 with a possibility of extension, pending funding
Operations – Logistics and Administration
- Maintains the office supplies, structure, and logistics needs for the Gaza office, in coordination with the Logistics and Procurement Officer (LPO).
- Coordinates the cleaning and ICT needs of the Gaza office, in coordination with the LPO.
- Coordinates staff and visitor travel in and out of Gaza, and within Gaza and, including permits, accommodation, and security
- Performs administrative tasks (filling, photocopies, scanning/faxing documents).
- Assists in preparing contracts
- Support the Program Staff in Gaza in the logistics aspects for implementing the activities.
- Supports the LPO in Gaza-related procurement processes and maintaining supplier lists, including track records of past performance and framework agreements
- Supports LPO with asset management - maintaining and keeping track of office equipment
- Provides capacity building support to partner organizations as needed
- Manages the petty cash box in Gaza.
- Follows up closely on monthly payments and advances to partners in coordination with OFM
- Follows up closely on supplier balances
- Ensures that all bookkeeping/financial documents of War Child and partners are compiled and organized according to international auditing standards and donor and WCH standards.
- Reviews financial reports from partners in collaboration with Program team
- Supports WCH partners on all financial aspects in coordination with OFM
- Checks expenses supporting documents eligibility (Invoices, Contracts, Payments, Receipts)
- Ensures receipt of original documents with Jerusalem Office
- Maintains a filing system for the partners’ documents and the daily accounting transactions
- Assists in audit preparation, during an audit and in implementation of audit recommendations and findings
- Complies with deadlines and reporting dates
- Act as security focal point in Gaza, in coordination with the Logistics and Procurement Officer, ensuring appropriate coordination with authorities if needed and reporting of all security incidents according to WC policy.
- Attends Gaza-related security coordination meetings, as needed, in coordination with the Logistics and Procurement Officer.
- Keeps Operations and Finance Manager updated on security developments in Gaza.
- Ensures preparedness (hibernation kits, contingency kits, first aid kits etc.) and for hibernation, evacuation and contingency plans in Gaza office, in coordination with the LPO.
- Assists LPO in security assessments of new WC facilities and programs in Gaza.
- Supports OFM and LPO Officer with internal and external reporting as needed
- Coordinate WC staff movements inside Gaza with the supplier.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a logistics related field
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience in operations, logistics, procurement and/or accounting, preferably with an (I)NGO
- Demonstrated knowledge on accounting, logistics, procurement, and security
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft office, especially Excel and word
- Flexibility and hands-on mentality
- Social and communication skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Decision making skills
- Advanced reporting and writing skills
- Ability to identify needs/gaps and work towards solutions
- Excellent management skills, teamwork and flexibility
- Advanced oral and written skills in English and Arabic
“Commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in oPt, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”
المسمى الوظيفي Emergency Response Operations Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 08 - Jun - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
التصنيف العمليات والدعم اللوجستي
To apply please send your one page letter of motivation and CV to [email protected] by June 8, 2021, citing “Emergency Response Operations Officer” in the subject line.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة War Child Holland منظمة أطفال الحرب الهولندية
Emergency Response Project Coordinator
Procurement and Logistics Officer
WPS Consortium Coordinator
Women Peace and Security Consortium Coordinator
22, Nov, 2020
18, Nov, 2020
Psychosocial Support Technical Officer - South
20, Oct, 2020