Position: Emergency Preparedness and Response Technical Officer - EPRTO (Level 2)
Salary range: 7,477 ILS-8,747 ILS
Location: Gaza City
Responsible to: Project Manager
Closing date: 09 June, 2020
Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion- HI -), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
Working under the overall direct supervision and responsibility of the Project Manager, the Emergency Preparedness and Response Technical Officer (level 2) will provide key support to the project in the roll-out and implementation of emergency preparedness and response intervention during emergency and non-emergency situations. The EPRTO (level 2) will work with partners, beneficiaries, and stakeholders to ensure projects outputs are of the highest quality and that expected results are achieved in a timely and efficient manner. The EPRTO (level 2) will lead the development of the strategy and of the technical framework of HI’s intervention in the field of emergency preparedness and response, in different crisis scenario, mainly relating to the risk of small and large-scale crisis, conflicts and to the current Covid- 19 sanitary crisis. She/he will complete the ongoing intervention that target the rehabilitation sector and support the development and implementation of new emergency preparedness interventions and response, targeting mainly the food security and livelihood sectors, with a focus on the needs of persons with disability/injuries. She/he will also act as focal point leading the emergency committee of HI and its partners to regularly follow up the HI and its partners emergency preparedness. The EPRTO will work in liaison with HI Global Technical Specialists and the Regional Technical Unit.
Main tasks will include:
Responsibility 1: Develop the technical competencies of HI and its partners staff in the field of emergency prepardness and responses
Aim: Ensure that the technical framework of emergency intervention is known by the project’s team and HI’s partners.
Benchmarks: capacity assessment implemented and training package of emergency partners produced and rolled out due time.
- In cooperation with partners and beneficiary organizations, conduct training needs assessments, technical trainings and addressing identified gaps.
- Develop training plans addressing identified gaps
- Develop and implement training packages, training materials
- Deliver trainings and follow up the provision of on the job technical support to partner’s staff and beneficiary organizations
- Organize tests to assess HI staff and partner’s capacity whenever appropriate and adjust training packages to them according to the results of the tests
- Conduct regular capacity building for 250 emergency volunteers.
Responsibility 2: Lead the quality control in the field of emergency preparedness and emergency response through technical guidance
Aim: Ensure the emergency prepardness and respones plans of HI and its partners are responding to the needs of the vulnerable groups in line with HI’s technical framework.
Benchmarks: emergency prepardness and response plans reviewed to meet the needs of the target groups and updated in conjuction with project teams and the RTU, technical freamework defined, with regular update.
- Support to the development of all methodologies and tools required for the implementation of the projects.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to HI team and its partners.
- In cooperation with partners, organize and implement emergency response drilling exercises.
- Support the upgrading of the emergency stocks to the needs of the most vulnerable households during the different crisis with a focus on the needs of persons with disability/injuries.
- Act as focal point leading the emergency committee of HI and its partners to regularly follow up the HI and its partner’s emergency preparedness.
- In line with HI Technical Specialists’ recommendations, update and or develop the emergency preparedness plan and emergency response plan of HI and its partners to meet different crisis’ scenarios, including pandemic crisis.
- Follow up the updating and implementation of the HI and its partners emergency preparedness and response plans and regular update based on the changing scenarios in Gaza context.
- Work with partners to update and test emergency preparedness and response plans, and their mechanisms at community level.
- Support the support services team in the selection process of food / non-food and emergency items’ suppliers and share technical justifications.
- Closely follow up the Emergency stocks and food/non-food items with the Logistics officer and ensure the availability of sufficient stock based.
- Support the Logistics Officer and partners’ logistics team in the management and record of the distribution of the NFIs.
- In collaboration with the Regional Technical Unit, contribute to the project’s knowledge management in the areas of expertise (such as good practices, lessons learnt, etc.)
- Ensure HI and its partner’s humanitarian assistance are in line with the international standards, HI policies standards and local identified priorities.
- Conduct regular field monitoring for project activities to ensure technical compliance.
- Support the Project Manager in analysing the data collected and in identifying necessary adjustment in the project implementation framework to improve the quality and impact of the intervention.
- Contribute to planning and producing activities and donors’ reports.
Responsibility 3: Lead the development of HI strategy in the field of emergency preparedness and emergency response
Aim: Ensure that the design of new projects are responsive to the needs and good practices in the field of expertise
Benchmarks: studies and related researches were devloped in the related field of work, consitent follow up for the implementation of HI rehabilitation strategy.
- Work with the Project Manager and Area Manager to monitor new and chronic humanitarian crises
- Maintain mapping of local organizations capable of responding to emergencies for community engagement.
- Conduct needs assessment and context analysis.
- Identify with the project teams the most appropriate modalities of intervention and related tools.
- Maintain records and analysis of humanitarian reports and publications by key players.
- Participate to the development of new projects into the field of expertise.
- When requested, develop research/survey, terms of reference, protocols, and related tools in close collaboration with the project team.
- Participate in project related clusters and sub-clusters, prepare, and share minutes as requested by the Project Manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Preparedness, Disaster Risk Reduction, Disaster and/or Conflict Crisis Management, Social Sciences, International Studies, Business Administration, or related fields. preferable master’s degree.
- Any other related qualification, complimented by at least 5 years’ experience in the field of expertise
Minimum 5 years working in the field of emergency preparedness and emergency response in the field of rehabilitation and basic food and non-food items.
Good skills in the assessment, surveillance, and monitoring in the context of emergency situations;
Excellent knowledge and skills in emergency management cycle, Humanitarian principles and standards;
Ability to work in a team;
Ability to work with partners;
Demonstrated ability to develop and apply tools;
Organization skills and ability to prioritize;
Ability to develop accessible information materials.
- Excellent communication skills, proactive, solution maker, strongly positive, constructive and dynamic personality
Experience providing technical advice and coaching to teams.
Position is based in Gaza;
Willingness to travel to the field;
Valid driving license.
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of four months with possible extension for an additional eight months upon availability of funds. The position is based in Gaza
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
المسمى الوظيفي Emergency Preparedness and Response Technical Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 09 - Jun - 2020
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الراتب 7,477 ILS-8,747 ILS
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 5 Years
Interested candidates may send their resume with a cover letter to reach on or before the 9th of June 2020 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Emergency Preparedness and Response Technical Officer (Level 2)) in the subject line of your e-mail application.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those short listed will be contacted
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Humanity & Inclusion Palestine
Protection Technical Officer
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
Rehabilitation Technical Officer
Gender National Technical Advisor
قطاع غزة, رام الله والبيرة
25, Nov, 2019
Rehabilitation Technical Officer
19, Nov, 2019