Position : EducationTechnical Officer Level 1
Salary range: 6623 – 7748 ILS
Location: Based in Ramallah
Responsible to: Project Manager
Closing date: 31 May, 2021
Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion- HI -), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the IE Project Manager and in close collaboration with the Regional IE Specialist (RTU) / Global Specialist, the IE Technical officer (Level 1) accompany project’s staff, partners and relevant actors and stakeholders in the implementation of the project and contributes to the project’s MEAL.
Responsibility 1: Contribute to the development of tools for the project implementation and to the capacity building of the project team and partners.
- Participate to the selection and contextualization of the modalities of intervention in compliance with HI technical framework.
- Contribute to the development and/or adaptation of methodologies and of high complexity technical tools, including full training packages (training needs assessment tools, training manuals and materials, pre-post training tests), users guidelines, etc.
- Develop or adapt low/medium complexity technical tools
- Organize and/or participate to the tools testing whenever appropriate and adjust them according to the results dof the test
- Responsible for the Inclusive Education component in the project; thus responsible for the coordination and consolidation between the two sides (WB & Gaza),with respect to each side context.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the team during tools use including field coaching;
- Contribute to assessing HI project team and/or project partner capacity building needs, to define suitable training plan and training package
- Train project’s partners and relevant actors and stakeholders on the methodologies and tools.
- Produce training and coaching reports and coordinate feedbacks with the service providers for srenghtening continuous staff development
Responsibility 2: Support the implementation of project activities.
- Provide ad-hoc support, coaching and follow up to the project’s partners, actors and stakeholders during the implementation of the following activities:
- empower girls and boys with and without disabilities in schools to implement initiatives to welcome and keep out-of- school children in education
- Build the capacities of the National Education Coalition members on gender and disability data collection and indicators to take informed decisions on inclusive programming
- Build the capacities of the National Education coalition members to identify the project's good practices and propose action plans for their replication
- Directly carry out the following activities:
- Build technical capacity of teachers on disability and gender inclusive education and adapted learning methodologies responding to the personalized educational needs of girls and boys with disabilities, using the inclusive education practical manual
- Build teachers’ capacity on the development of low-cost, gender and disability-sensitive educational materials
- Empower the parents’ councils to raise their voice in the school decision-making process
- Build the capacity of partners’ school principals and key staff on gender and disability-inclusive education, to change their attitudes and support the adaptation of school management.
- Build the capacities of education and protection clusters and the national education coalition members on gender and disability-sensitive data and indicators to make informed decisions in inclusive programing
- Support the provision of educational materials and educational resources for targeted schools
- Train teachers and parents to develop Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for girls and boys with disabilities through the support of individual and collective educational counseling services
- Finalize and disseminate the inclusive education practical manual for teachers in close follow up and coordination with MoE.
Responsibility 3: Contribute to project’s monitoring, lessons learning and reporting
- Contribute to the development of high complexity data collection tools for documenting indicators, under the lead of RTU and MEAL; develop low/medium complexity data collection tools in collaboration with the Regional Technical Unit (RTU) and the Regional MEAL Manager.
- Collect data in relation with core tasks and contribute to the measurement of the progress made.
- Support the Project Manager in analysing the data collected and in identifying necessary adjustments in the project implementation framework to improve the quality and impact of the intervention
- Contribute to the identification of good practices under the project
- Develop case studies and success stories to illustrate changes induced by the project and for communication use
- Contribute to planning and produce activity reports
- Contribute to the production of the donor report,
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of project quarterly review
- Participate to the organization of technical reviews and technical missions
- Participate to professional network at national level in the field of expertise of the project
- Contribute to the development of lessons learning exercise, data collection and analysis and the production of dissemination document
- Facilitate the field implementation of project’s evaluations and of researches
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Advanced degree in the area of Inclusive Education or Education
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Education field, in emergency or/ and development context
- Skills in developing training and providing coaching for capacity building
- knowledge and background on gender and protection mainstreaming
- Ability to develop information material
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work with partners, civil society organizations or public authorities
- Skills in users centered approach
- Knowledge of referrals mechanisms
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of 12 months.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
المسمى الوظيفي EducationTechnical Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 31 - May - 2021
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الراتب 6623 – 7748 ILS
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
Interested candidates should send their resume with motivation letter to reach on or before May 31, 2021 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (EducationTechnical Officer Level 1) in the subject line of your e-mail applacation. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will be disregarded.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and those shortlisted will be contacted.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Humanity & Inclusion Palestine
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
Inclusion Technical Officer
Organizational Development Consultant
Economic Support Technical Officer
Protection Technical Officer
رام الله والبيرة
16, Nov, 2020
Human Resources Officer
5, Nov, 2020
Protection Technical Officer
رام الله والبيرة
5, Oct, 2020