Handicap International (which runs projects under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion), is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations.
Under the overall responsibility of the Project Manager, the Education Technical Officer will provide key support in the roll-out, development of needed technical tools and implementation of Education activities. She/he will work with partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders to ensure project outputs are of the highest quality and that expected results are achieved in a timely and efficient manner of the project “Facilitate an equitable access to education and work opportunities for persons with disabilities in Palestine”.
Main tasks will include:
- Project Implementation:
- Capacity building of Education staff personnel to improve service delivery mechanisms
- In close collaboration with Project Manager, consultants and RTU when required, develop capacity assessment tools to provide quality comprehensive educational services,
- Develop training plan, training materials and deliver training in the areas of expertise and organize all capacity bulding sessions planned under the project,
- Identify technical resources required for the implementation of the Project’s plan within the education component, and support their mobilization and contractualization in close coordination with the Project Manager,
- Set up coaching and mentoring mechanism and accompany its enforcement
- Train local service providers (schools and any other relevant stakeholder) in using the self assessment tools and accompany their implementation and the analysis of the data collected,
- Support local service providers (schools any other relevant stakeholder) to define adapted capacity building plan and monitor implementation including analysis of professional practices improvement,
- Produce training and coaching reports and coordinate feedbacks with the service providers (schools any other relevant stakeholder) for strenghtening continuous staff development,
- Provide support to the team and other functional stakeholders in the identification of the needs of CWDs
- Support the TO Rehab in assessing the level of understanding of rehabilitation among health staff/school personnel and, develop and enforce information and training package to support referrals,
- Organise regular complex cases meetings and evidence based practices meetings with the service providers (school counsellors, rehabilitation centre and any other stakeholder)
- Develop family information/education tools and support local service providers in developing and enforcing parent’s family support for CWDs.
- Follow-up and monitor the activities /services provided by the service providers (schools and any other stakeholder involved) in line with the identified services criteria.
- Act as the technical reference for the project and ensure activities are implemented in line with HI approaches and methodologies.
- Coordinate with local service providers (schools and any other relevant stakeholder) to transfer comprehensive Inclusive Education approches to gradualy increase their ability to establish an inclusive enviroment
- Develop and adjust existing technical documents used within the education component.
- Train or support the recruitment of external consultant on principles of Inclusive education, inclusive education techniques and all related subjets.
- Support the development of tools and methodologies and the definition of manuals for their use by the service providers (schools and any other relevant stakeholders, inclusind IE consultant)
- Contribute to the definition and application of pilot financial sub-grants to promote inclusive education concepts to DPOs and other relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor the use of tools and methodologies and support involved stakeholders for their implementation
Monitoring and evaluation:
- Organize regular lessons learnt analysis with the project team and service providers for adjusting the tools & methodologies
- Contribute to the identification of good practices under the project
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools for documenting indicators, collect data in relation with core tasks and measure the progress made.
- Follow up the number and characteristics of the project beneficiaries,
- Develop case studies and success stories to illustrate changes induced by the project and for communication use
- Contribute to planning and produce activity reports
- Contribute to the production of the donor report,
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of project quarterly review
- Participate to the organization of technical reviews and technical missions
- Participate to professional network at national level in the field of expertise of the project
- Support in project evaluation as defined by PM.
- Represent the association within his/her skills field
- Co-represent and defend project in forums, conferences, and prepare minutes as requested by PM.
- Must have a bachelor degree in the field of expertise of the project/ in Education and/or othere relevant/ Disability.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in education related issues or/ and development context
- Skills in developing training and providing coaching for capacity building
- Ability to develop information material
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work with partners, civil society organizations or public authorities.
- Ability to respect deadline and work under pressure
- Very positive personality, with strong orientation towards solutions
- Adaptability, flexibility
- Autonomy in work
- Excellent communication skills Proactive, solution maker, strongly positive, constructive and dynamic personality
Initial contract will be for a period of one year and the position is based in Ramallah
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and
Particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter to reach on or before the 21st of July 2018 to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title (Education Technical Officer) in the subject line in your e-mail application.
Only qualified candidates should apply and only those who have been short listed will be contacted