- Adhere to SIF policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Lead the development of the ECWB department in West Bank, including procedures, guidelines and tools.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development and logical framework design.
- Advise management the ECWB staffing, resourcing and budgeting.
- Lead the planning and execution of MEAL activities in ECWB projects, with the support of the MEAL department.
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned, and reports.
- Provide capacity building and training of program and support staff as well as of partner organizations on ECWB related areas.
- Ensure effective knowledge sharing within the base.
- Participate to ensure that cross-cutting issues are implemented and reflected in programs with special focus on protection mainstreaming, gender, governance and child safeguarding.
Define SIF interventions and strategy in the fields of ECWB ensuring gender mainstreaming in the projects:
- Develop SIF capacity in the field of education, child protection and child well-being;
- Conduct situation analysis, needs assessments and field technical studies related to ECWB and develop the tools to be used (eg. focus groups, surveys, questionnaires, etc.) with the support of the MEAL Department);
- Check and validate the data collected and manage the data analysis in order to articulate adequate proposals;
- Contribute to define future project interventions including budgeting, drafting logical frameworks, project organogram charts, chronograms and writing proposals;
- Contact public local authorities (particularly Ministries) and partners to be constantly updated regarding laws, regulation and rules related to ECWB.
Ensure the successful implementation of the ECWB project activities:
- Set strategies and operational measures to effectively implement the ECWB activities and define alternative initiatives if issues are encountered;
- Define projects timelines and ensure regular update together with the Social Workers and Community Developers;
- Define the planning of the activities according to the expected progress of the project;
- Realize proper financial forecasts, monitor and approve budget expenditures and oversee effective financial management of the programme’s grant/s and activities;
- Participate in the elaboration of the projects’ procurement plans, according to the thresholds and procurement processes;
- Work closely with inter-departmental functions for projects management to ensure timely coordination and compliance around various stages in the project cycle management;
- Conduct the selection of the beneficiaries and define the selection methodology and criteria with the support of the MEAL department;
- Report regularly the hierarchical link of project progress or/and other important facts about the project and propose for alternative solutions if issues occurs;
- Guarantee that the data is maintained in an accurate and confidential manner, especially concerning protection cases.
- Act as the designated Child Safeguarding focal point for the West Bank base.
Monitor and evaluate ECWB projects;
- Supervise the smooth implementation of projects activities;
- Conduct regular field visits to beneficiaries and other stakeholders (Village Council representatives, etc.) in order to monitor the progress in the implementation of the activities and give appropriate directions to the ECWB team;
- Develop forms and records to document program activities;
- Develop monitoring and reporting mechanisms on a variety of levels e.g. formal data collection for advocacy, qualitative measures for program development, information for donor reports, etc.
- Maintain documentation of each activity in an orderly manner and guarantee that every activity has clear documentation to measure the impact, the indicators and the progress of the projects;
- Participate to the establishment and operation of the feedback and complaint response mechanism in coordination with the MEAL department;
- Organize and lead lessons learnt sessions and share recommendation on the improvement of the projects activities already implemented or to be implemented;
- Participate to weekly meetings with the Programme Coordinator;
- Participate in the writing of project final report (donors and SIF reports);
- Complete the monthly SITREP and other relevant internal reporting tool.
Manage the ECWB department team:
- Ensure daily management of the ECWB team;
- Identify the capacity building needs for the ECWB team and propose trainings and workshops;
- Ensure exchange experiences between team members in order to motivate the staff, inspire a sense of teamwork and involve each member in the decision making process.;
- Ensure a good communication – coordination – information level of each member of his/her team through weekly and monthly coordination meetings;
- Participate in the recruitment of new staff by reviewing the job descriptions, defining technical tests and interviews, evaluate the candidates and participate to the selection.
Contribute in establishing and strengthen local partnerships:
Sensitize local partners in the field: organize and participate in review meetings with SIF partners;
Follow the partnership outputs in order to capitalize the lessons learnt and contribute to the elaboration of new strategies;
Maintain regular and substantial contact with relevant national and international NGOs working in the field of Protection to ensure the success of ECWB current projects;
Propose possible new partners for future SIF projects
Participate in clusters meeting and workshops related to ECWB;
Exchange non confidential data with other local and international partners.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
KNOWLEDGE / STUDIES
- University degree in social sciences, community development, project management or other related relevant field;
- Good knowledge of the Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Child protection Minimum Standard;
- Knowledge of project cycle.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in NGOs or institutions conducting humanitarian work;
- Previous experience of project cycle management and proposal writing;
- Demonstrated results-based management and leadership skills, including monitoring and reporting, managing budgets, as well as database management;
- Knowledge of community based interventions, social cohesion and gender sensitive programs;
- Experience in consultation and liaison with government and non-governmental officials;
- Ability to write clear, well founded and substantiated project reports and assessments;
- Experience in M&E and beneficiary accountability is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational and work planning skills, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high volume work environment with tight deadlines;
- Ability to plan activities and to set clearly defined objectives and high levels of quality/ productivity for self, own team or department;
- Experience in proactively identifying issues and proven problem solving skills;
- Strong personal ethics (confidentiality, impartiality, non-discrimination, integrity);
- Interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to adapt;
Position based in Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine with:
- Regular travels to the field in all West Bank governorates expected, respecting specific travel requirements
- Exceptional travels (based on the need) to Gaza base expected, if possible and respecting specific travel requirements
- Motivation letter with the name of the position and Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer