Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF intervenes around the world through operations of emergency relief, rehabilitation and development. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
In the frame of the humanitarian mission of SIF in the area of West Bank, the Driver will be responsible to transport people and equipment in good manner, and to ensure the maintenance of the vehicle under his responsibility.
The tasks described here are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the Driver may be requested to perform further tasks related to his/her responsibilities here.
1: Transport people and equipment under good security conditions:
- When transporting SIF employees, respect the country’s circulation rules and follow the logistician’s planning and instructions;
- In case of an accident, immediately get in touch with the closest police station and duly inform the logistics department;
- Follow the instructions of the manufacturer and the SIF rules when using the vehicle;
- Keep all personal documents as well as those of the vehicle with you and check that they are valid.
- Following procedures at checkpoints and when travelling in convoy.
- Picks up supplies for the office;
- To collect items related to program procurement and delivery ;
- Delivers mail as needed to beneficiaries, ministries, partners, insurance, and other institutions as instructed;
2: Ensure maintenance of the vehicle:
- Solve minor technical problems;
- Inform the logistics department of any major repairs to be carried out;
- Carry out daily checks before starting up the motor;
- Keep the vehicle clean;
- Ensure radio/Phone communications;
- Note down fuel consumption in the record book in the morning and at the end of the day as well as any information concerning the maintenance of the vehicle;
- Check the security boots.
3: Prepare departures to the field:
- Inspect and prepare the vehicle the day before departure so as to be on time;
- Prepare additional equipment to be brought along according to needs (fuel, stickers, flags, tools, medical kit).
4: Assist in:
- Collecting prices from the market.
- Checking the samples according to the specifications and requirements, and follow the logistics assistant directions.
- Any other tasks as requested by the Procurement and Logistics Coordinator, and/or the Logistics Assistant.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Palestinian ID holder.
- Strong experiences in caring of vehicles.
- Good experience in working with INGOs.
- Age between 24 and 34 years.
- Ability to undertake regular travel to the projects sites in West Bank.
- Demonstrated commitment to working as a part of SIF team, and in a support role.
- Valid drivers’ license with good driving skills and clean record.
- Good knowledge of English language- reading & writing.
- Willing to work overtime.
Submit a resume in English only (Word or PDF), and a cover letter, including three professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to [email protected] Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include exact position.
Deadline to apply is February 07th 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit by email only