War Child believes no child should be part of war. Ever. Children have the right to grow up in peace, free from fear and violence. To develop their full potential and become the person they want to be. War Child makes a lasting impact. By protecting children from violence and offering psychosocial support and education. We unleash the children’s inner strength with our creative and involving approach. And inspire as many people as we can to participate in our cause. War Child is both implementing its own programmes and cooperating with a variety of partner organizations in 17 countries around the world. www.warchildholland.org
War Child Holland is looking for a:
OCCUPIED PALESTINIAN TERRITORY
‘An experienced, strategic leader with excellent networking, fundraising and people skills’
This recruitment is open to both Palestinian and international applicants of all backgrounds, subject to ability to safely live, work and travel throughout the oPt.
War Child’s programme in the oPt
In the oPt, War Child works with partners to support the resilience and wellbeing of Palestine’s most vulnerable children, youth and families who are living in a chronic, protracted crisis that threatens their physical, mental, social, and economic safety and well-being. Through integrated child protection, psychosocial, mental health, and education programs, we aim to ensure that children, young people and their families receive holistic and integrated support and services in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza.
As Country Director (CD) you have overall responsibility for the strategic leadership and direction of the War Child oPt country program, with the purpose of achieving sustained improvements in the well-being of children. The CD is responsible for overall programmatic and operational management, including financial, human resources, and security management, in close collaboration with the Country Management Team. You take a leading role in the participatory development and updates of the country strategy, and oversee the implementation, reviewing, and monitoring of the strategy. You build strong strategic partnerships to ensure holistic, integrated, quality, and sustainable programs, and relationships with ministries, local and international organizations, and donors. Given limited humanitarian funding for oPt, you implement innovative partnerships and strengthen fundraising capacity. You foster and develop leadership capacity within the country office, and a work culture that creates space for staff participation and involvement in decision making both within the country office and throughout the organization. You are committed to localization, and upholding the "Do No Harm" principles, including anti-racism and decolonization of our programs.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Relevant academic background e.g. psychology, pedagogy, community development, social sciences, international relations
- A seasoned and inspiring leader
- At least 10 years relevant experience in an international/humanitarian context including in a senior management position (e.g. as Representative or Country director, Head of Programs, Operations Manager/Director)
- Experience in security management and context analyses
- Proven experience in the Middle East, and in oPt (in the humanitarian/development sector) preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Palestinian context required
- Proven experience in fundraising, networking, and developing strategic partnerships in challenging fundraising environments
- Experience in international and local advocacy preferred
- Experience in developing strategic partnerships, working with local partners and preferably in our field of expertise
- Experience in human resource management and financial management (including management of multiple grants)
- Strong problem solving and social skills
- Proven experience in staff development, including coaching and mentoring
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Arabic highly desirable
- Proven affinity with War Child’s mandate.
- A challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team of people and the backup of a strong and professional organisation in the Netherlands.
• A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits that includes opportunities to develop and learn professionally.
Job Location: East Jerusalem, occupied Palestinian territory with frequent travel to Gaza and occasional travel to the Netherlands.
Contract: At least 2 years in this position, starting with a 1 year contract with the intention to prolong.
Starting date: negotiable for the right candidate
oPt is a family duty station. In case the selected candidate is a foreign national, he/she is allowed to bring a partner and children, but will be expected to travel regularly and for extended periods to Gaza, where partner and children cannot accompany.
War Child strives to create an inclusive work environment. Candidates from all backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences who judge that they are able to fill all or most of the essential requirements for this role are encouraged to apply.
المسمى الوظيفي Country Director
آخر موعد للتقديم 28 - Jul - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني تنفيذي أول (رئيس مجلس إدارة،مدير)
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 10 Years
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before the 28 July 2021. Applications submitted after that may be considered on a rolling basis. Make sure to upload your English CV (max. 2 pages) and cover letter by using the following hyperlink:
If this is not your dream job, support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
By submitting your application you certify that all of the statements made in your application are true, complete, and correct and are made in good faith. You understand that falsifying, misrepresenting or intentionally withholding information will be grounds for rejection of your application or withdrawal of any offer of appointment or, if an appointment offer has been accepted, this will be ground for employment sanctions, such as, but not limited to, instant dismissal. In addition, you understand that you need to submit a Criminal Record Certificate and that, if you fail to submit it, no employment relationship can be established.
War Child is an international organisation, and we are committed to be a diverse and inclusive employer, placing human and child rights at the centre of our existence and work. We hire our new colleagues based on their talents, competences and shared values; we do not distinguish them based on their age, gender and gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, disability etc.
The safety of children and youth is a paramount and essential to War Child’s work. War Child has a zero tolerance policy towards any form of abuse. To prevent placing children and youth at any risk this subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures. Moreover, the accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in development and humanitarian settings, such as humanitarian values and principles, Sphere Humanitarian Charter, Standards in the Humanitarian Standards Partnership, Core Humanitarian Standard, International Humanitarian Law, Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief and IASC Six Core Principles Relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Only applications received via our website are processed.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain active.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة War Child Holland منظمة أطفال الحرب الهولندية
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Emergency Response Operations Officer
Emergency Response Project Coordinator
Procurement and Logistics Officer
WPS Consortium Coordinator
Women Peace and Security Consortium Coordinator
22, Nov, 2020