Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from the Hebron district, we are recruiting a:
COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH WORKER
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
- Providing optimal preventive and psychosocial aid to people with mental health and psychosocial needs at community level according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
- Providing information and education to the affected population on mental health/psychosocial, also related to health (psycho-education), according to specific needs
- Working together with other team members to prepare/produce various mental health psychosocial education messages/topics, and medical messages according to specific groups and needs e.g. caretakers of Covid19 patients, population affected by violence, etc.
- Identifying and appropriately referring patients who need medical or mental health assistance and providing psychological first aid to identified community members in need.
- Organizing supportive activities in the community (art for children, discussion sessions, etc.), if required.
- Ensuring that all patients attending MSF activities are well informed about services provided.
- Visiting families in their home/tent/shelter if required, in order to facilitate defaulters' tracing or to offer psycho-education.
- Attending supervision sessions and educational sessions with members of the team.
- Maintaining monitoring data and producing regular work reports to the supervisor.
- Implementing MSF mental health, psychological support/psychosocial education and health promotion protocol regarding Covid in supported Covid19 context.
- Providing mental health, psychosocial education and health promotion support in supported Covid19 health structure/hospital.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
· University degree in social work.
· Experience of minimum 1 year in social work, preferably in NGOs.
· Desired knowledge in Hebron governorate including H2 and Area C
· Strong communication, organizational and social skills (attentive listening, open attitude, empathy, sensitivity)
· Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team
· Initiative, creativity and flexibility
· Capacity to adjustment to change
· Interest in helping vulnerable population
- Very good in English and local language essential (Arabic).
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, CV with reference details to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Departement _Hebron Project
With the reference: CMHW MSF vacancy. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Closing application date is March 11th 2023.