Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from the Hebron district, we are recruiting a:
COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATOR
Prepare, provide and present health education sessions to the population (caretakers, COVID patients, hospital staff and communities) according to MSF principles and values in order to promote health information through health measures, hygiene conditions and mental health awareness as well as provide information about MSF activities in order to facilitate access to healthcare and community engagement in health and mental health seeking behaviour.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Prepare, provide and present health education sessions to the population/patients according MSF principles and values in order to promote health information through health measures and hygiene conditions as well as provide information about MSF activities in order to facilitate access to healthcare.
- Introducing MSF activates and principles in the field.
- Promoting MSF services in the different communities of Hebron governorate through group discussions.
- Providing activities in the communities (including the mobile clinic), to encourage healthy practices and healthy environments.
- Delivering information to community regarding health topics (for example: personal hygiene, sexual and reproductive health, GBV, non-communicable diseases).
- Conducting and evaluating the effectiveness of MSF activities in the community via satisfaction questionnaires
- Actively participating in trainings for Health Community Educators in order to update and improve the skills related to health promotion.
- Collecting data to identify community needs.
- Providing Health Promotion sessions for groups and individuals to reinforce and strengthen the existing coping mechanism and sensitizing for the positive use of their resources.
- If needed, collecting information about the patients and providing appropriate referral to MSF services, specifically: SW, medical doctor and midwife.
- Promoting the MSF services and health promotion topics via communication in social media (radio, TV and others).
- In case of need, among with the medical team, participating in activates related to the local emergency response.
- Entering and updating on time the data collection tools. Providing reports as per needs.
- Stress Management
- Possesses strong teaching and presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, compassionately and calmly in an intense, fluid, and multi-cultural environment.
- Must be a fast learner and extremely flexible and adaptable as the situation is dynamic, daily changing, and often chaotic.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Literacy essential, Mental Health background is an asset.
None is required but experience in Health Promotion activities is preferred.
- Mission language (English) and local language (Arabic) essential.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, CV with reference details to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Department –Hebron Project
With the reference: CHE. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Closing application date is June 3rd 2022.