Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from the Hebron district, we are recruiting a:
COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATOR
Prepare, provide and present health education sessions to the population (caretakers, COVID patients, hospital staff and communities) according to MSF principles and values in order to promote health information through health measures, hygiene conditions and mental health awareness as well as provide information about MSF activities in order to facilitate access to healthcare and community engagement in health and mental health seeking behaviour.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
- Prepare material and deliver health education sessions, messages and topics addressed to different populations regarding hygiene, diseases and prevention.
- Ensure all the patients and caretakers as well as the community, are well informed, according to protocols, about health-related issues and services provided.
- Identify people with medical problems, contact with medical team and report for immediate transfer if needed. He/she has to inform to the line manager about any problem encountered (population, equipment, material…).
- Report to line manager of all results of screening and visits on a regular basis.
- Assess the health needs of the community, MoH hospitals and MSF,
- Inform the patients, caretakers, communities and non-medical staff on how to manage existing health conditions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the educational materials
- Participate in the trainings for the Health Community Educators and other health professionals and monitoring the results of the trainings
- Support the staff in implementing health education and Mental Health programs
- Collect data to learn about the community and improve services
- Advocate for improved health resources and policies that promote health
- Assist hospital efforts in developing surveys to identify health issues and concerns from the surrounding community
- Create programs to train medical staff to interact more effectively with patients and caretakers,
- Collaborate in creating programs to create community awareness regarding health and Mental Health issues,
- Collaborate in creating programs to create continuity of care: from hospital to community, from community to hospital.
- The Community Health Educator should be present on a daily basis in the various activities.
- Stress Management
- Possesses strong teaching and presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, compassionately and calmly in an intense, fluid, and multi-cultural environment.
- Must be a fast learner and extremely flexible and adaptable as the situation is dynamic, daily changing, and often chaotic
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Literacy essential, Mental Health background is an asset.
None is required but experience in Health Promotion activities is preferred.
- The Community Health Educator must be resident in the area the two hospitals are (DURA and ALIA Hospital) which is Dura and Hebron City.
- Mission language (English) desirable and local language essential (Arabic).
المسمى الوظيفي Community Health Educator
آخر موعد للتقديم 13 - May - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية الثانوية العامة
الخبرة No Experience
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, CV with reference details, copies of diploma, work certificate, professional license (if applicable) to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Department –Hebron Project
With the reference: CHE. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Closing application date is May 13th.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة MSF-Spain Doctors Without Borders