MÉDECINS SANS FRONTIÈRES – SPAIN
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Prepare, provide and present health education sessions to the population (caretakers, COVID patients, hospital staff and communities) according to MSF principles and values in order to promote health information through health measures, hygiene conditions and mental health awareness as well as provide information about MSF activities in order to facilitate access to healthcare and community engagement in health and mental health seeking behaviour.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
- Prepare material and deliver health education sessions, messages and topics addressed to different populations regarding hygiene, diseases and prevention.
- Ensure all the patients and caretakers as well as the community, are well informed, according to protocols, about health related issues and services provided.
- Identify people with medical problems, contact with medical team and report for immediate transfer if needed. He/she has to inform to the line manager about any problem encountered (population, equipment, material…).
- Report to line manager of all results of screening and visits on a regular basis.
- Assess the health needs of the community, MoH hospitals and MSF,
- Inform the patients, caretakers, communities and non-medical staff on how to manage existing health conditions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the educational materials
- Participate in the trainings for the Health Community Educators and other health professionals and monitoring the results of the trainings
- Support the staff in implementing health education and Mental Health programs
- Collect data to learn about the community and improve services
- Advocate for improved health resources and policies that promote health
- Assist hospital efforts in developing surveys to identify health issues and concerns from the surrounding community
- Create programs to train medical staff to interact more effectively with patients and caretakers,
- Collaborate in creating programs to create community awareness regarding health and Mental Health issues,
- Collaborate in creating programs to create continuity of care: from hospital to community, from community to hospital,
- The Community Health Educator should be present on a daily basis in the various activities.
Additional Skills :
- Results Oriented
- Stress Management
- Possesses strong teaching and presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, compassionately and calmly in an intense, fluid, and multi-cultural environment.
- Must be a fast learner and extremely flexible and adaptable as the situation is dynamic, daily changing, and often chaotic
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education BA Degree/ Mental Health background is an asset
Experience Health Promotion activities are preferred.
- The Community Health Educator must be resident in the area the two hospitals are (DURA and ALIA Hospital).which is Dura and Hebron City.
- Mission language (English) desirable and local language essential (Arabic).
All applicants should send a CV and cover letter by email to
[email protected] (please indicate ¨On the subject box: vacancy CHE)
Closing date: 31 DECEMBER 2020
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AND ADDED TO OUR DRIVERS POOL TO SELECT FROM FOR THE FUTURE VACANCIES THAT COULD BE AVAILABLE IN THE COMING MONTHS.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.