Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF has been present in Palestine since 2008 with two country offices in Ramallah and Gaza city. SIF West Bank focuses on marginalized and vulnerable communities and works in the West Bank governorates, trying to cover zones overlooked both by the authorities and other development agencies. The programs are covering three development areas: Childhood Protection, food security, Livelihood and Wash.
SIF West Bank Protection Program, implemented in 15 different villages and cities in the central West Bank, has contributed to the response to vulnerable children’s needs, promotion of children’s rights, and childhood safe environment through Child Friendly Spaces (CFS). The CFS component includes centres’ renovations, psycho-social support, training of social workers and assistance for parents, vocational trainings for orphans and income generating activities for orphans’ mothers and youth. SIF strives at raising awareness about ways of supporting children and youth and preventing all forms of violence, abuse and neglect.
Position: Community Developer (Full Time)
Responsible To: Protection Projects Manager
Location: Ramallah Office, with frequent trips
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
Type of Contract: Local Contract.
In the frame of the humanitarian mission of SIF in the area of the West Bank, the Community Developer will assist the Projects Manager in monitoring and tracking the programs’ department projects and ensure a good follow-up and implementation of the projects’ coordination procedures.
The tasks described here are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the Community Developer may be requested to perform further tasks related to his/her responsibilities here.
Support in conducting needs assessments and data analysis:
- Support in defining the tools for the data collection (home visits, collective meeting with possible beneficiaries, meeting with the representatives of the Village Councils, etc.);
- Assess training needs of SIF partners (.i.e. MoSD) related to Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) topics;
- Collect and analyze data;
- Conduct home visits and interviews to potential beneficiaries and different project stakeholders;
- Support in selecting the final beneficiaries.
Implement the activities of the Protection projects:
- Define and ensure the most suitable way to communicate with SIF project stakeholders (home visits, focus groups, collective information sessions, etc.);
- Conduct regular follow up visits (including pre- and post-visits) to beneficiaries and other stakeholders (Village Council representatives, etc.);
- Ensure regular follow-up with SIF partners;
- Coordinate with Village Councils and CBOs by contacting them, and organizing and conducting meetings;
- Conduct and organize awareness sessions for different targeted groups in line with the projects objectives;
- Implement and follow up “MENTAL HEALTH AND PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT (MHPSS)” SPOREIII project activities under supervision of Protection Projects Manager ;
- Participate in capacity building activities for SIF governmental partner .i.e. MoSD ;
- Assist in organizing and providing “MENTAL HEALTH AND PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT (MHPSS)” trainings to SIF partners in coordination with Protection Projects Manager ;
- Provide technical support related to GBV cases’ “MENTAL HEALTH AND PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT (MHPSS)” needs ;
- Create training materials related to “MENTAL HEALTH AND PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT (MHPSS)” ;
- Prepare for trainings (define training needs, topics, agendas, needs, attendance sheets, pre-post-questionnaires in collaboration with MEAL department, visibility materials.);
- Implement MHPSS training sessions to beneficiaries from other projects such as Seasonal project; if needed ;
- Support in organizing/participating in distributions (Ramadan parcels, vouchers, gifts for the orphans, awareness materials, etc.) accordingly to the project(s) assigned;
- Participate in organizing and attending trainings and awareness sessions, when required;
- Closely coordinate with Logistics Team to ensure the efficient implementation of planned activities.
Monitor and evaluate the project activities:
- Support in defining the tools for monitoring the progress of the activities (emails, field reports, trackers, MoM, etc.) and fill/update them on a weekly basis;
- Help in designing the satisfaction surveys and other evaluation tools (pre-tests, post-tests, questionnaires, etc.);
- Fill trackers and databases;
- Participate in lessons learnt session and share recommendations on the improvement of the projects activities already implemented or to be implemented;
- Complete evaluation reports.
Reporting and ensuring accountability:
- Complete and share field visit reports;
- Prepare weekly plan and reports’, and submit them to the project officer;
- Report both orally and in written to the supervisor about any vulnerable family, special needs or situations requiring particular attention;
- Collect feedback from the field (local authorities, community members, beneficiaries, partners, etc.) and ensure to respond to any questions received;
- Provide structured information on referral pathways and networking for “MENTAL HEALTH AND PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT (MHPSS)” and GBV Cases.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology/ Psychological Counselling and Post Graduate Degree in Mental Health;
- At least 3 years of professional experience, preferably in the field mental health/psycho-social trainingsand public awareness;
- Good Knowledge in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM 5) & Mental Health Guidelines ;
- Experience in Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) training ; experience in a similar position and previous experience with a non-governmental organization will be considered an asset;
- Capacity to organize & conduct workshops & trainings;
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring of project activities, data collection and analysis;
- High level communication skills (both oral and written);
- Previous experience in building relationships with local partners;
- Previous experience in conducting household visits;
- Previous experience working in remote vulnerable communities and good interpersonal skills;
- High level computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet;
- Professional level in English and Arabic (reading, writing, spoken);
- Demonstrated commitment to work as part of a team in a supportive role;
- Qualities: team spirit, patient, flexible, open minded, sociable and highly motivated.
Submit a resume in English only (word or PDF), and a cover letter, including three professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to [email protected] . Incomplete applications will not be considered. The e-mail subject line MUST include the exact name of the position. Deadline to apply is August 3, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit only by email.