Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF intervenes around the world through operations of emergency relief, rehabilitation and development. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
In the frame of the humanitarian mission of SIF in the area of West Bank, the Community Developer will assist the Projects Officer in monitoring and tracking programs department projects and ensure a good follow up of the projects coordination procedures.
The tasks described here are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the Community Developer may be requested to perform further tasks related to his/her responsibilities here.
Support in conducting need assessment and data analysis:
- Support in defining the tools for the data collection (home visits, collective meeting with possible beneficiaries, meeting with the representatives of the Village Councils, etc.);
- Collect and analyze data;
- Conduct home visits and interviews to possible beneficiaries and different project stakeholders;
- Support in selecting the final beneficiaries.
Implement the activities of the Protection projects:
- Define and ensure the most suitable way to communicate with SIF project stakeholders (home visits, focus groups, collective information sessions, etc.);
- Conduct regular follow up visits (including pre and post visits) to beneficiaries and other stakeholders (Village Council representatives, etc.);
- Ensure a regular follow-up with SIF partners;
- Coordinate with Village Councils and CBO’s by contacting them, organizing and conducting meetings;
- Conduct and organizing awareness sessions for different targeted groups in line with the projects objectives;
- Support in organizing/participating in distributions (Ramadan parcels, vouchers, gifts for the orphans, awareness material, etc.) accordingly to the project(s) assigned;
- Participate in organizing and attending trainings and awareness sessions when required;
- Closely coordinate with Logistics to ensure the efficient implementation of the activities planned.
Monitor and evaluate the project activities:
- Support in defining the tools for monitoring the progress of the activities (emails, field reports, trackers, MoM, etc.) and fill/update them on a weekly basis;
- Help in designing the satisfaction surveys and other evaluation tools (pre-tests, post-tests, questionnaires, etc.);
- Fill trackers and databases;
- Participating in lessons learnt session and share recommendation on the improvement of the projects activities already implemented or to be implemented;
- Complete evaluation reports.
Reporting and ensuring accountability:
- Complete and share field visits reports;
- Prepare weekly plan and reports and submit them to the project officer;
- Report both orally and in written to the supervisor about any vulnerable family, special needs or situation requiring particular attention;
- Collect feedback from the field (local authorities, community members, beneficiaries, partners, etc.) and ensure to answer back to any question received.
- BA in social sciences, management of humanitarian projects, social work;
- At least 3 year professional experience, preferably in the field of humanitarian projects and public awareness;
- Experience in a similar position and previous experience with a non-governmental organization will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring of project activities, data collection and analysis;
- High level communication skills (both oral and written);
- Previous experience in building relationship with local partners;
- Previous experience in conducting household visits;
- Previous working in remote vulnerable communities and good interpersonal skills;
- High level computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet;
- Professional level in English and Arabic (reading, writing, spoken);
- Demonstrated commitment to work as part of the team, in a supportive role;
- Qualities: team spirit, patient, flexible, open minded, sociable and highly motivated.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume in English only (word or PDF), and a cover letter, including three professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to [email protected] Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include exact position. Deadline to apply is Saturday December 22nd, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit only by email.