The Palestinian Peace Coalition- PPC, a Palestinian Non-Governmental Organization, is looking to recruit a Communication & Public Relations Offices. Under the supervision of the Director General, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for the timely promotion of PPC’s projects’ activities. This will include initiation of creative communication strategies and products to promote the project’s activities and outcomes and their distribution to targeted stakeholders within the civil society community as well as the public and external stakeholders, both local & international.
- Management of the PPC’s communications, creation of promotional material and stakeholder networking related matters to support all projects components in their communication needs. This will include managing media relations, maintaining networks of contacts (media, civil society groups and other stakeholders), devising and producing a wide range of promotional material related to the projects, including monthly and annual newsletter as well ad daily social media updates and ensuring a consistent message is communicated to the wider public.
- Monitoring of media as well as public statements which are related to PPC’s message and scope of interest.
- Manage an external and internal communications strategy across the PPC’s projects.
- Develop a comprehensive set of communication tools to develop a high-quality identity for the PPC’s projects to enhance exchange, flows of information with peers and stakeholders and ensure media stakeholder relations are maintained throughout the projects cycle.
- Design and manage a framework for internal PR communications.
- Design and manage a framework for external communications with the media, public and relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Projects Manager, staff and other concerned parties to collect and package material for promotional and public information-based purposes to communicate the projects’ news to stakeholders.
- Assist the PPC in highlighting key messages and identifying suitable strategies to package and deliver these messages promoting the outcomes and activities of the PPC advocacy programs.
- Create and manage the production of a range of marketing/communication material showcasing the objectives and activities of the PPC.
- Devise and manage a comprehensive internal and external distribution strategy to ensure communications generated by the PPC reaches the maximum number of stakeholders.
- Ensure consistency of all messaging with PPC’s identity.
- Carry out any other reasonable activities related to this position and the PPC programs.
- Promotes PPC’s values and ethical standards (peace, reconciliation non-violence, tolerance, integrity, respect, results orientation, impartiality).
- Promotes knowledge management and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example, excellent ability to communicate messages;
- Excellent communication skills in Arabic and English languages (written and oral), Hebrew is plus; and
- Ability to engage with officials and stakeholders;
- Ability to formulate and prepare reports; and
- Ability to oversee timely project communications and to provide the necessary troubleshooting to keep project implementation on schedule.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills; and
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Minimum BA degree in one of the Social Sciences, Communications or a related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in media & communications field and/or public relations; in media management or public information firms or NGOs.
- Knowledge and experience of working with media and/ or marketing in Palestine and organizing and running media related activities.
- Experience of working for NGOs and/or working for international organizations in one of the above-mentioned fields, will be considered as a distinct advantage.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter in English to the following email address: [email protected] with subject line “Communication & Public Relations Officer Vacancy”. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Females are highly encouraged to apply.