The Palestinian Peace Coalition-PPC, a non-partisan Palestinian NGO based in Ramallah, established in 2003, with the aim to raise political awareness in Palestine.
General Description of the Role:
The Accountant will support the Director General in ensuring that accounting processes and systems are running effectively and efficiently in close collaboration with administrative manager as well as the projects manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Data entry of the daily transactions on the accounting software (BISAN),
- Maintain proper filling for the account entries,
- Reconcile Petty Cash transactions,
- Review expenses supporting documents eligibility (Invoices, Contracts, Payments, Receipts)
- Prepare checks and transfers with follow up with banks on its execution and documentation,
- Prepare monthly bank and cash reconciliations,
- Follow up closely on monthly payments and advances,
- Works with external auditor on audit preparation, and in implementation of audit recommendations and findings,
- Comply with deadlines and reporting dates,
- Ensure proper inventory control; supervise of proper issuance of inventory items and supplies.
- Prepare effective application of tracking system for asset management, procurement, and financial procedures.
- Maintain a filing system for the partners’ documents and the daily accounting transactions
- Other Duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized university;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Accounting,
- Previous work experience with NGOs and projects funded by EU & USAID is a plus,
- Experience with BISAN accounting software or similar accounting software,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, cross-cultural)
- Good command in Arabic and English;
- Good Knowledge in MS Applications (Excel, word, …etc)
- Ramallah residency is favorable.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and CV to the HR division [email protected] no later than Sunday 5 February 2023, indicating the position title (Accountant) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. PPC is an equal opportunity employer.