Position: Communication and Field Coordinator
Reports to: PURE Project Manager
Duty station: Jerusalem
Travel: 50% in field
Duration and type of contract: 11 months contract renewable subject to funding availability and performance
The Arab Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JACCI) was established in 1936 in Jerusalem for supporting the industry and commercial activities, with a vision of strengthening the Palestinian economy in the City, revitalizing Jerusalemite identity and supporting Palestinian economy at large through expanding the members’ base of traders and industrialists, defending their rights and regulating their work, as well as encouraging investments for creating enabling environment for improving business productivity.
The Productivity and Urban Renewal in East Jerusalem (PURE) Programme, implemented by UNDP/PAPP and funded by the European Union and the Islamic Development Bank, aims at supporting the resilience of Palestinians residing in East Jerusalem, by improving their socio-economic conditions, through urban revitalization of two key commercial centres in the city, namely Salah Eddin and Sultan Suleiman streets.
The establishment of the Commercial Development Unit (CDU), aims at increasing the member merchants’ awareness and enhance their business capacities, facilitate their access to the legal, financial and administrative services in the city. At the beginning of 2019, the CDU will start to handle both public interest cases and individual commercial related cases, to provide legal support to the merchants to assist them to overcome the socio-economic difficult situation in the city. JACCI is also working on studying and analysing the common economic issues faced by the merchants in Sultan Suliman and Salah Ed-Din streets, based on the results, a specific economic intervention shall be designed to assist some of the targeted merchants in overcoming the collective and individual economic issues they face in the city.
CDU is looking for a full-time Communication and Field Coordinator to support the newly established CDU activities in accordance with JACCI's mandate and SoPs. S/He will be responsible develop JACCI/ CDU communication strategy in relation to media coverage for JACCI and CDU activities as well as create an online e- commerce platform for the businesses and merchants in Jerusalem with clear branding of products The Communication and Field Coordinator is expected to work in accordance with the JACCI’s employment rules, regulations, and attitudes. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships. S/He will be working closely with the CDU team and spent a decent percentage of time in the field. Also, S/ He will be responsible for the visibility of all of the CDU activities.
- Role and responsibilities
The following is a brief description of the role.
- Adhere to JACCI and CDU policies, guidance and procedures;
- Develop and create communication strategy for JACCI and CDU;
- Initiate external and internal communications flow (memos, newsletters etc);
- Administer, maintain, update and improve the website and the social media channels;
- Create and administer, update an online commercial platform;
- Plan events, seminars and press conferences, including media coverage;
- Build and maintain an efficient and professional relationship with JACCI and CDU beneficiaries (Jerusalem merchants)
- Carry out any other relevant duties as requested by supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, communication, public relations or any other relevant field.
- At least 4 years of work experience in relevant field
- Outstanding, trackable writing and verbal communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent knowledge in social media and website management.
- Proven ability to master new technologies and advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities while meeting tight deadlines.
- Photography and graphic design will be an asset.
- Jerusalem ID Holder.
- Handle insecure environments
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Plan and deliver results
- Results orientation;
- Planning and organizing;
- Communication and trust;
- Team orientation;
- Organizational development and innovation;
- Time management.
Interested applicants must submit all of the following documents:
- C.V. and cover letter in English detailing qualifications for this position;
- Three professional references.
Please send applications to the following email address: Info @JACCI.org , application deadline: 11/04/2019.