The Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees (PARC) is implementing a project entitled “Enhancing the resilience of small-scale farmers and communities affected by natural hazards and protracted and multifaceted crises” This project is in partnership with Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH) and funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The project aims at mitigating the risks impacting small-scale farmers and communities affected by natural and man-made hazard. One of the projects activities is performing Community Based Disaster Risk Management assessment (CBDRM) and planning for 15 most vulnerable communities in the Gaza Strip. This activity includes the identification of these communities, assessing the risks impacting them, assessing their vulnerabilities and capacities and finally help them devise risk mitigation plans and forming protection committees to implement such plans.
PARC is seeking qualified candidates to assume the following
position: CBDRM Mobilizers (2 positions)
Location: Gaza City,
Period: 8 Months.
Salary: The salary is competitive and commensurate with the
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design and implement the community mobilization and assessment sessions;
- Support the selection activities of the targeted vulnerable communities;
- Support /Conduct the focus group CBDRM activities in the 15 communities;
- Support the establishment of the Community Protection Committees;
- Support the data analysis and establishment of the CBDRM plans;
- Establish and train the Community Local Committees on advocacy and community mobilization;
- Ensure to plan and implement all the community-based outreach activities in all targeted project sites;
- Develop the link with the local communities, governing structures, municipalities and other community institutions;
- Ensure relevant target groups are identified and informed of the planned events/sessions in advance;
- Resolve all challenges related to awareness interventions using community-based approaches;
- Prepare activities reports on regular basis and share it with management for reviews and input;
- Support M&E activities in the field;
- Prepare periodical reports as requested by PARC and donor in consultation with the Programs Coordinator;
- Assist the finance department in preparing periodic financial documents and reports;
- To ensure that all activities of the project are well documented and maintained as part of an efficient project filing system including all project related documents;
- Perform any other tasks related.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES.
- Proven experience and ability to work with a wide range of people: children, youth, and adults;
- Proven workshop and FGD facilitation skills;
- Proven reporting skills including data collection and entry;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines;
- Ability to contribute to a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary;
- Good and proven analytical skills;
- Having proven trainer and workshop facilitation skills is mandatory.
- Relevant university degree; bachelor in Business Administration, Project Management; international development, engineering or any related field;
- More than 3 years of relevant experience in Community mobilization;
Prior experience working with Disaster Risk Reduction is preferable;
- Prior emergency response experience and/or experience of emergency preparedness work/plans is preferable;
- Experience with communications and advocacy work is a plus;
- Good experiences in GIS applications is preferable;
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic is needed and English is preferred.
- Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter not later than 10 FEB, 2020 with the reference (Community Mobilizer – Gaza)
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for any positions