The Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees (PARC) is implementing a project entitled “Enhancing the resilience of small-scale farmers and communities affected by natural hazards and protracted and multifaceted crises”. This project is in partnership with Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH) and funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The project aims at mitigating the risks impacting small-scale farmers and communities affected by natural and man-made hazard. One of the projects activities is performing Community Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) assessment and planning for 15 most vulnerable communities in the Gaza Strip. This activity includes the identification of these communities, assessing the risks impacting them, assessing their vulnerabilities and capacities and finally help them devise risk mitigation plans and forming protection committees to implement such plans.
PARC is seeking qualified candidates to assume the following
position: CBDRM Assessment team leader
Location: Gaza City,
Period: 12 Months renewable upon funding availability.
Salary: The salary is competitive and commensurate with the qualifications
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead designing the community-based disaster risk assessment methodology and process in coordination with the Project Manager and Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe;
- Provide technical supervision, monitor and implement the CBDRM assessment process;
- Facilitate / lead the community selection activities including discussions with governorates municipalities, CBOs, local key informants and desk review;
- Facilitate/Conduct the focus group discussion assessment activities, incl. usage of Participatory Rural Appraisal tools in the 15 communities;
- Ensure all activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to PARC’s and donor rules and regulations;
- Facilitate the establishment of Community Protection Committees;
- Delivering potentially needed training to community members and protection committee members;
- Perform the data analysis and establishment of the CBDRM action plans;
- Finalize the plans with the Community Protection Committees and provide feedback to the communities including hazards maps, risk assessments and CBDRM plans;
- Establish and Train the Community Protection Committees on advocacy and community mobilization;
- Develop a high quality CBDRM assessment and planning report;
- Develop publishable brief reports on the CBDRM assessment and planning results;
- Follow up the publication development and dissemination of assessment’s results;
- Prepare periodical reports as requested by PARC and donor in consultation with the Project Manager;
- Participate in the representation of PARC in workshops, conferences or seminars commissioned by Programs Coordinator.
- Ensure relevant target groups are identified and informed of the planned events/sessions in advance;
- Resolve all challenges related to awareness interventions using community based approaches;
- Prepare activities reports on regular basis and share it with management for reviews and input;
- Support M&E activities in the field;
- Perform any other tasks related;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES.
- Experience and ability to work with and engage a wide range of people: children, youth, and adults;
- Strong research methodology knowledge and skills;
- Very Good and proven analytical skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven and very strong reporting skills in English and Arabic;
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines;
- Ability to contribute to a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary;
- Having proven trainer and workshop facilitation skills is mandatory.
- Relevant university degree; bachelor in Business Administration, Project Management; international development, engineering or any related field, Master Degree is preferable;
- More than 3 years of relevant experience in research/assessment development and implementation specially in the humanitarian aid sector, preferably using DRR, and Risk Assessment methodologies;
- Proven research skills including technical writing in English;
- Prior experience/knowledge working with the Disaster Risk Reduction approach;
- Prior emergency response experience and/or experience of emergency preparedness work/plans;
- Experience with communications and advocacy work a plus;
- Good experiences in GIS applications is preferred;
- Strong knowledge of project management techniques and tools;
- Fluency in spoken and written English & Arabic.
- Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter not later than10 FEB, 2020 with the reference (CBDRM Assessment team leader – Gaza).
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for any positions