ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-orientated working environment.
- Country Profile
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank and Gaza.
III. Position Profile
Under the authority of the finance manager, the cashier will be replacing the current cashier during her maternity leave and will be in charge of helping the Financial Manager in completing financial and non financial tasks of all operations related to cash management.
S/He will be responsible of the following tasks:
- Respect and follow-up the ACTED Financial procedures.
- Assist in monitoring expenditure against budget allocations and report on variances (BFUs).
- Assists in preparing monthly, quarterly and annually financial reports.
- Responsible for the cash and bank books
- Deal with transfers and exchanges of money.
- Managing the petty cash and replenishments regularly
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation statements and weekly cash statements.
- Preparing necessary accounting documentation for approval journal voucher, payment voucher, transaction entries into the accounting system, etc. on a daily basis.
- Maintaining the petty cash payments.
- Ensuring Debt follow up ( office supplies and stationeries expenditures ..etc.) follow up to make sure they are in line with available resources/budgets
- Cash flow follow-up (PRATIC)
On a Daily Basis:
- Helping in preparing financial Reports for the concerned projects.
- Voucher and Cashbook: filling of vouchers and registration of voucher in cash books
- Scan the payments voucher on daily bases
- Safe and Cashbook checking: at the end of the day, the cashbook and the safe should be checked and the balance should correspond
- Proceed with payments for all items and services approved by the Finance Manager and Coordination.
- Follow up with Gaza base for the payment , Accountancy , Reporting and cash transactions
- Review on monthly bases the partners reports
On a Monthly Basis:
- At the end of each month, check that the balance in the safe and the bank accounts are in line with the cash and bank books, release the cash checking statement and bank reconciliation with the Finance Manager and Coordination
- Preparing the Budget follow up and the Contract follow up in support of the Financial Manager
- Assist in preparing budgets, Contract follow up, and all different reports required.
- Check vouchers transparency and quality on a regular basis.
- Check the IP monthly report and integrate it into ACTED accountancy template
- Completing Cash request report in coordination with the financial Manager, logistic Manager and project managers.
- Cashbook and SAGA: Cashbook and SAGA should be checked before closing the accounting month
- Ensure all advances are cleared for the staff, before paying the salary.
On Ad HOC Basis:
- External/Internal audit preparation.
- Draft of Financial Sheets
- Preparation of Financial Reports
- Midyear and Annual Accounting Closure
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting , finance or any other relevant field.
- At least one year of experience in a similar position.
- Experience with INGOs / NGOs is a plus.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office programs especially Excel.
- Very organized and structured.
- Very Good in Arabic and English, spoken and written.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good attitude and ability to work in a team.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 13/4/2019 to: [email protected] indicating the position (Cashier) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.