Support to Micro & Small Enterprises (MSE)
Chamber of Commerce of East Jerusalem, Beit Hanina
The Jerusalem Arab Chamber of Commerce and industry is considered a representative of the business sector in Jerusalem, providing information, services and training to its members, supporting and defending their interests, and helping them to open up new markets and develop their businesses.
The Chamber seeks not only to provide services to its members, but also to strengthen the bonds of relationship and belonging between the Chamber and its members, both commercial and industrial.
The Jerusalem Arab Chamber of Commerce and Industry is urged to play a vital and pivotal role in the development of Micro & Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) by solidifying their position as intermediaries between the public and private sectors. Moreover, the JACCI will play a role in raising awareness and supporting entrepreneurs in formalizing their businesses which will have a rapid and direct impact on the total registered number of micro and small businesses. Additionally, these activities are expected to positively impact the overall perception of Chamber’s position within the East Jerusalem region.
The InstitutEuropéen de Coopération et de Développement (IECD), which has been implementing MSE services in Palestine since 2010, brings its support to the Chamber of Commerce of East Jerusalem in the development of a MSE unit within the JACCI.
The MSE trainer will report directly to the JACCIProject Manager. They will implement the newly-created JACCI- MSE unit strategy, relying on IECD training methodology. Moreover, they are required to maintain high quality services with the beneficiaries while establishing strong and professional bonds. Additional requirements include:
- Beneficiary selection for Start-Up and Basic Management trainings based on predetermined EU criteria.
- Respect of IECD methodology standards and quality of delivered content.
- Efficiency and effectiveness of all MSE services provided to beneficiaries.
- Accuracy of field data collected and reported to PMs.
- Respect of beneficiaries’ privacy, as well as the confidentiality of delivered material and training systems.
- Preserving, respecting and positively developing the image of the JACCI and of IECD at all times.
The trainer will be provided and ensured with proper trainings as well as follow-up supervision during the initial phases of the project.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the JACCI-MSE trainer are:
- Identification and recruitment of beneficiaries
- Identify villages and Palestinian areas of Jerusalem governorate with a large concentration of small and micro businesses.
- Connect with relevant community centers, associations, NGOs and municipalities to outreach on the programme and gather existing lists of entrepreneurs and potential beneficiaries on the action.
- Conduct on-the-field visits, interview and select potential beneficiaries based on vulnerability criteria as defined in IECD methodology and JACCI methodology.
- Organize “orientation” sessions with selected beneficiaries to make sure of their level of commitment and self-discipline as well as his/her willingness to grow with his/her activity.
- Delivery of entrepreneur trainings
- Plan and organise training timelines according to beneficiaries' availability.
- Deliver start-up, basic management and complementary trainings (such as Marketing) to selected beneficiaries, including theoretical and practical classes, field visits and post-field visits, according to IECD methodology.
- Provide the beneficiaries with all relevant documents.
- Insure that beneficiaries understand and implement training contents and acquired knowledge through regular and individual follow-up field visits during and after the training.
- Ensure average of 15 participants/training and a minimum of 80% attendance at delivered training.
- Maintain high quality of training.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with local organizations to facilitate trainings (at different levels, for collection of beneficiaries’ names, fees collection, etc.)
- Development of Clubs of entrepreneurs
- Develop a relevant communication strategy to outreach on the Club of Entrepreneurs and invite MSE services beneficiaries to become Club members.
- In collaboration with IECD, implement and coordinate monthly activities and annual events proposed by the Clubs of Entrepreneurs of East Jerusalem.
- Organize field trips for beneficiaries to visit suppliers, other MSEs, etc.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management
- Ensure that MSE reporting tools and forms are fully filled and delivered to PM on time.
- Collect socio-economic data and enter them in a database in order to assess project’s impacts and outcomes as well as beneficiaries’ profiles and living conditions.
- Identify and report success stories for communication purposes.
- Implementation of IECD methodology
JACCI-MSE trainer will be requested to support both IECD Project Assistant and Manager in the following tasks:
- Monthly coordination meeting between IECD and JACCI.
- Support JACCI project manager in the reporting of activities on a monthly basis.
- Participation in communication and capacity-building activities such as events or workshops organized by theJACCI, IECD or other important stakeholders.
- Reporting of any significant changes to the social, economic, political, and legal aspects which could impact MSE, JACCI, or IECD activities.
- Respecting administrative and logistic procedures set by JACCI and IECD (EU procedures).
- Understanding, respect and implementation of MSE training and support methodology of IECD and JACCI.
- Active contribution to the improvement of the training methodology by reporting needed adjustments and/or changes in methodology.
- Starting date: 10/2/2020
- Status: Local contract
- Location: Chamber of Commerce of East Jerusalem, Beit Hanina, Jerusalem governorate - Palestinian Territories. The position includes frequent field visits of beneficiaries in East Jerusalem governorate.
- The trainer will be working under the supervision of: The Jerusalem-Arab Chamber of commerce Director General.
- Compensation Package: Salary to be defined according to the profile and experience of the employee.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Desired Education includes a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing/Sales, Engineering or related field.
- Professional experience is preferable (in the fields mentioned above and in teaching/coaching/training provision); 3-year experience is mandatory in case the candidate does not have a Bachelor's degree.
- Interests: Strong interest and good knowledge of Palestinian private sector.
Skills and qualities expected:
- Excellent interpersonal and teaching skills.
- Strong motivation to work on the field with various profiles of beneficiaries and partners.
- Adaptability and excellent listening skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Strong commitment to the project.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, procurement and costs.
- Native speaker in Arabic, with a good level of spoken and written English.
- Driving license preferable.
Please send your CV and Letter of Interest before the 17th of February to [email protected]
Jerusalem ID only.