I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-orientated working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks an Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer for its humanitarian and developmetns projects in Gaza.
Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Systems:
Technical and Systems Development
- Contribute to the development and updating of the consolidated AME work plan and AME frameworks for all ongoing projects;
- Implement the AME policies and procedures as described in the ACTED AME standard guidelines and make sure that the tools are followed as applicable;
- Contribute to an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed.
- Develop the ToRs and mission plans and carry out assessments, monitoring and evaluations (baselines, mid-terms, endlines) as reflected in the ToR and mission plan;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews) and data/information dissemination/utilization plans;
- Closely assist and/or supervise data collection activities, manage efficiently large monitoring data sets, including supervising and/or performing data entry;
- Perform and/or supervise field staff during monitoring missions and/or needs’ assessments, with transparency, accuracy and timeliness;
- Maintain electronic and/or paper-based MIS systems for tracking and reporting all quantitative data and information including reporting on ACTED’s 16 global strategic program indicators;
- Analyze AME data and produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner;
- Measure and report on qualitative and quantitative input, process, output, outcome, impact, objective, and goal-level performance indicators for all projects;
- Participate in project evaluations, including final evaluations;
- Provide the needed data to be used in preparation of reports to donors and other stakeholders, or the data to donor proposals and fundraising efforts as required;
- Provide AME related capacity building and awareness to implementing partners and other institutions supported by ACTED as appropriate;
- Represent ACTED in different forums on AME related issues when required.
- Contribute to organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when a project closes or as required;
- Collect, document and share the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of projects and influence the strategic development of future projects and activities.
Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism
- Contributing to the implementation of the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Record and forward all complaints and suggestions received while in the field to the AME Manager;
- Build capacity and understanding among ACTED staff, partners and contractors on beneficiary accountability and CRM.
- Participate in AME-related conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date of best practices and new knowledge created in the field of AME;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in NGO management, Sociology, Community development,political science or related field.
- At least 3-5 years work experience in similar position in INGO.
- Previous experience with humaintrain field, Community development, economic/agricultural development and/or Participatory Appraisal methodology
- Excellent oral communication, writing and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management and the Logical Framework
- Good organizational and communication skills, in particular with rural communities
- Good in time management, and ability to work under pressure
- Good coordination skills with staff from different departments and good multi-tasking skills
- Accurate, reliable, open-minded ,professional attitude and ability to work in a team
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge
- Capable in planning and problem solving, Astute critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft programs especially Excel, prefer to have knowledge in SPSS and in open-source softwares for collecting, managing, and using data (such as ODK or KoBo).
- Valid Driving license with clean record is compulsory.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, spoken and written, including correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 27/11/2019 to: [email protected] indicating the position (AME Officer - Gaza) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and written exam.