Agriculture & Water & Sanitation Projects Officer
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF intervenes around the world through operations of emergency relief, rehabilitation and development. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
In the frame of the humanitarian mission of SIF in the area of West Bank, the Agriculture Water and Sanitation Projects Officer will assist the Project Manager in monitoring and tracking programs department projects & ensure a good follow up of the projects coordination procedures.
The tasks described here are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the Agriculture and Water and Sanitation projects Officer may be requested to perform further tasks related to his responsibilities here.
- Contribute to the definition of SIF future interventions:
- Realize field technical studies on WASH and agriculture aspects;
- Contact public local authorities (particularly Ministries) and partners to be constantly updated regarding laws, regulation and rules related to AWS;
- Review developmental plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices;
- Supporting in identifying the data to be collected for need assessments and the tools to be used (eg. focus groups, surveys, questionnaires, etc.);
- Manage the collection of data;
- Participate in the data analysis together with the Manager;
- Participate in the definition of future project interventions including budgeting;
- Contribute to proposal writing through the definition of the activities, logframe and budget at the Manager request;
- Participate in clusters and workshops on AWS related topics at the Manager request;
- Ensure the proper implementation of the project activities:
- Ensure regular follow-up visits (2-3 visits/week) to SIF beneficiaries, other project stakeholders and partners;
- Realize detailed planning of the activities according to the expected progress of the project;
- Coordinate with Village Councils and CBO’s by contacting them, organizing and conducting meetings;
- Be responsible for the organization of the information meetings for the beneficiaries or other project stakeholders (invitations, public, announcements, information tools, etc.);
- Lead on the selection of the final beneficiaries in coordination with the Manager: define the methodology and set the criteria for selecting the beneficiaries, define the application forms, check the databases are properly filled, organize the visit of the potential beneficiaries, select the beneficiaries.
- Be responsible for organizing and attend trainings and awareness sessions when required;
- Support the manager in realizing proper financial forecasts and regularly check them in order to inform on time the supervisor of the possible delays impacting on the forecast;
- Regularly check and update the project timeline and share it with the manager;
- Coordinate with Logistics department to facilitate the work of the field team and ensure the efficient implementation of the activities planned;
- Weekly fill the transportation sheet according to the needs of the team and share it with the Manager;
- Establish and maintain good relationship with partners.
- Be responsible for the validation of the design prepared by Civil Engineer.
- Monitor and evaluate the projects activities:
- Conduct follow up field visits to beneficiaries and other stakeholders (Village Council representatives, etc.) to ensure the technical consultancy and to monitor the progress in the implementation of the activities and give appropriate directions and possible solutions of the problems encountered to the field team;
- Help in defining the monitoring tools together with the Manager, the Program Coordinator and the MEAL Officer;
- Ensure that the monitoring tools (trackers, databases, etc.) are regularly (weekly) and properly filled by the Civil Engineers;
- Help in designing the satisfaction surveys and other evaluation tools (pre-tests, post-tests, questionnaires, etc.);
- Support in completing parts of the evaluation reports;
- Support in organizing and participate in lessons learnt sessions and share recommendation on the improvement of the projects activities already implemented or to be implemented.
- Manage the projects team:
- Plan and organize the daily tasks of the Civil Engineers and validate their weekly plans and reports;
- Identify the capacity building needs for the Civil Engineers and propose trainings and workshops, and conduct training for them if required.
- Evaluate the team on a regular base;
- Participate in the recruitment of staff by reviewing the job descriptions, support in defining technical tests and interviews, evaluate the candidates and participate to the selection;
- Transfer the experience gained to the field team;
- Provide prompt response to questions and clarifications to the problems raised by the field team.
- Reporting and ensuring accountability:
- Complete and share field visits reports;
- Prepare weekly plan and reports and submit them to the Manager;
- Report on time both orally and in written to the supervisor if some problems or delays occurs and propose for alternative solutions;
- Support the Manager in completing the monthly SITREP;
- Write relevant technical reports analysing the data collected at the manager request.
- Collect feedback from the field (local authorities, community members, beneficiaries, partners, etc.) and ensure to answer back to any question received.
- University degree in agriculture, economy and water and sanitation.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in NGO or institutions conducting humanitarian work;
- Knowledge of project cycle management and logical framework methodology;
- Ability to work in multicultural environments,
- Previous experience of project management and working with national partner organizations;
- Knowledge of community based interventions, social cohesion and gender sensitive programs;
- Experience of conducting and managing questionnaires, surveys and Focus Groups.
- Ability to write clear, well founded and substantiated project reports and assessments in English;
- Proven financial management skills;
- Good command of procurement procedures and practice;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Flexibility and capacity to work effectively beyond working hours;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills;
- Commitment and punctuality;
- Cultural awareness
- Qualities: team spirit, patient, flexible, open minded, sociable, available, great sense of responsibility
- Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability;
- Driving license;
Submit a resume in English only (word or PDF), and a cover letter, including three professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The e-mail subject line MUST include exact position. Deadline to apply is May 22nd, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit only by email.