Agriculture & Water & Sanitation Projects Manager
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF intervenes around the world through operations of emergency relief, rehabilitation and development. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
In the frame of the humanitarian mission of SIF in the area of West Bank, the Agriculture Water and Sanitation Projects Manager will define SIF future interventions and strategy in the fields of Agriculture, Water and Sanitation, and will insure all projects activities are successfully implemented, and will also manage and supervise the WASH department team.
The tasks described here are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the Agriculture and Water and Sanitation Projects Manager may be requested to perform further tasks related to his responsibilities here.
- Define SIF future interventions and strategy in the fields of Agriculture, Water and Sanitation:
- Supervise technical aspects of WASH and Agricultural projects;
- Coordinate and validate field technical studies related to AWS;
- Contact public local authorities (particularly Ministries) and partners to be constantly updated regarding laws, regulation and rules related to AWS;
- Lead in identifying the data to be collected for need assessments and support the MEAL Officer in the definition of the tools to be used (eg. focus groups, surveys, questionnaires, etc.) together with the MEAL Officer;
- Lead in the completion of need assessments (define the topics/issues to be studied and the targeted areas, determine the needs through conducting information and literature search, selecting the proper data collection methods, gathering, reporting and analysing data; define the corrective measures/solutions answering the identified needs, write the assessment report) in collaboration with the Program Coordinator
- Check and validate the data collected and manage the data analysis with the support of the AWS Officer in order to articulate adequate proposals;
- Define future project interventions including budgeting, drafting logical frameworks, project organisational chart, chronogram and proposals.
- Ensure the successful implementation of the AWS project activities:
- Ensure random follow-up visits to SIF beneficiaries, other project stakeholders and partners;
- Validate and be responsible for projects timelines and ensure regular update together with the AWS Officer;
- Validate the planning of the activities according to the expected progress of the project;
- Validate the final selection of the beneficiaries including the methodology and the criteria for selecting them;
- Supervise the smooth implementation of projects activities in cooperation with the Programme Coordinator;
- Realize proper financial forecasts and regularly check them in order to inform on time the Program coordinator of the possible delays impacting on them;
- Coordinate with Logistics and Finance department to ensure the efficient implementation of the activities planned;
- Share payment requests with Logistic and Finance departments.
- Conduction of field visits to beneficiaries and other stakeholders (Village Council representatives, etc.) in order to monitor the progress in the implementation of the activities and give appropriate directions to the AWS team;
- Monitor and evaluate AWS projects:
- Close monitoring of the key phases of the projects (opening, modifications, evaluations, closure);
- Support the MEAL Officer in defining the monitoring and evaluation tools;;
- Regularly check the monitoring tools (trackers, databases, etc.) in order to follow the progress of the activities implemented;
- Organize and lead lessons learnt sessions and share recommendation on the improvement of the projects activities already implemented or to be implemented;
- Participate to weekly meeting with the Program Coordinator;
- Report on time both oral and in written to the supervisor if some problems or delays occurs and propose for alternative solutions;
- Complete the monthly SITREP to be validated by the Program Coordinator;
- Write relevant technical reports analysing the data collected with the support of the AWS Officer;
- Prepare institutional donors reports under the supervision of the Program Coordinator;
- Participate in collecting feedback from the field (local authorities, community members, beneficiaries, partners, etc.) and ensure to answer back to any question received and/or that the field team is properly addressing these questions/requests.
- Manage the AWS department team:
- Plan and organize the daily tasks of the AWS Officer and validate his/her weekly plan and report; be constantly informed also on the tasks of the Civil Engineers and ask for changes and clarifications on their plans if needed;
- Organize regular meeting with the AWS team;
- Identify the capacity building needs for the AWS team and propose trainings and workshops;
- Evaluate the AWS Officer on a regular base;
- Ensure exchange experiences between team members in order to motivate the staff, inspire a sense of teamwork and involve each member in the decision making process.;
- Participate in the recruitment of new staff by reviewing the job descriptions, defining technical tests and interviews, evaluate the candidates and participate to the selection;
- Support the AWS team by ensuring that achievable, measurable and realistic objectives have been set up.
- Contribute in establishing and strengthen local partnerships:
- Sensitize local partners in the field: organize and participate in review meetings with SIF partners;
- Follow the partnership outputs in order to capitalize the lessons learnt and contribute to the elaboration of new strategies;
- Maintain regular and substantial contact with relevant national and international NGOs working in the field of Agriculture and WASH with the project coordinator
- Search for possible new partners for future SIF projects, organize meetings and promote new partnerships; with the project coordinator
- Participate in clusters meeting and workshops related to AWS;
- Exchange data with other local and international partners.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, agriculture economy and water and sanitation.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in an international organization or NGO’s;
- Well-skilled in project cycle management and logical framework methodology;
- Previous experience of minimum 3 years in project management and working with national partner organizations;
- Experience of conducting and managing research and data analysis.
- Ability to write clear, well founded and substantiated project reports and assessments in English;
- Proven financial and administrative management skills;
- Good command of procurement procedures and practice;
- Excellent in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Flexibility and capacity to work effectively beyond working hours;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills;
- Commitment and punctuality;
- Qualities: team spirit, patient, flexible, open minded, sociable, approachable.
- Knowledge of community-based interventions, social cohesion and gender sensitive programs;
- Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability;
- Experience in proposal writing;
- Experience in the field;
- Good knowledge of West Bank Nature;
- Driving license;
Submit a resume in English only (word or PDF), and a cover letter, including three professional references (e-mail address and phone number must be included), and a date of availability to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The e-mail subject line MUST include exact position. Deadline to apply is May 18th, 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit only by email.