The Treatment and Rehabilitation Center for Victims of Torture (TRC) is a Palestinian human rights-based non-profit organization which seeks an experienced Advocacy Coordinator to join the Program Development Unit.
This is a full-time post at TRC headquarter in Ramallah and may include travel throughout the West Bank and East Jerusalem. The Advocacy Coordinator will work closely with the Research and Documentation Unit, Project Coordinator, and Finance Officer, and will answer directly to the Executive Director of the organization.
- Overseeing TRC’s advocacy work on human rights and international humanitarian laws
- Preparing, drafting, editing, formatting, and distributing documents including press releases, reports, letters, briefing papers, op-eds, leaflets, brochures, posters, banners and roll ups, and other publications and materials.
- Providing English/Arabic translation as required
- Conducting HR/IHL policy analysis and strategic planning
- Research and data collection on human rights topics
- Monitoring Palestinian and international news related to human rights practices and policies, and responding to new and emerging events through written statements and press releases in a timely manner.
- Attending external working-group meetings and occasionally representing TRC at other meetings and events
- Assisting with special events, including press conferences, roundtable discussions, and meetings with PA government officials and other stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining extensive filing and archiving systems for contacts and documents;
- Support TRC to engage effectively with national and international stakeholders to effect human rights-oriented policy change
- Identify and Develop Action Plans in response to political, operational and humanitarian priority issues in the West Bank and East Jerusalem
- Ensure visibility and communications of programs, projects, and activities in accordance with donor requirements
- Maintain and update online social media and website content
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- The selected candidate will be bilingual (fluent in spoken/written Arabic and English)
- Able to travel to East Jerusalem and throughout the West Bank as required
- Ability to work closely with a wide range of stakeholders including the EU, UN, Diplomatic Missions, local and national authorities, donors, and others
- Able to maintain confidentiality and professionalism on key sensitive issues related to human rights violations
- Knowledgeable of human rights and international humanitarian laws, policies, treaties and conventions
- Have prior working knowledge in a non-profit setting
- Able to work independently or in a team environment, and to prioritize tasks and deadlines
- Strong communication and public relations skills in Arabic and English, and ability to represent the organization in speaking events
Applicants may submit a Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] and must include the subject: “Advocacy Coordinator”. The deadline for applicants is August 23, 2020 at 4pm. TRC will not accept in-office visits or phone calls in regard to this position. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.