War Child (WC) in the occupied Palestinian territory is a non- profit, non-political and non-religious non-governmental international organisation. The organisation invests in the peaceful future of children affected by armed conflict. WC’s programmes strengthen psychosocial development, contribute to protecting children from violence, neglect and abuse, and advocate for the rights of children and youth, applying the power of creative arts and sports to reach its objectives. WC is working in the oPt since 2004, and has an office in Jerusalem and in Gaza.
Objectives of the position
The Accountant and Operations Assistant (100%) will support the Finance Manager in ensuring that accounting processes and systems are running effectively and efficiently to enable programme staff and other stakeholders to implement the War Child Programme in oPt. The Accountant and Operations Assistant is also responsible for assisting the Finance Manager in compliance with external donor financial and administrative requirements.
Based in the War Child office in Jerusalem, he/she directly reports to the Finance Manager (FM). The position involves traveling to War Child field offices.
- Data entry of the daily transactions on the accounting software (UNIT4)
- Maintain proper filling for the account entries
- Manages the petty cash box
- Checks expenses supporting documents eligibility (Invoices, Contracts, Payments, Receipts)
- Prepares checks and transfers with follow up on its execution and documentation.
- Prepares monthly bank and cash reconciliations.
- Follows up closely on monthly payments and advances
- Follows up closely on supplier balances
- Ensures receipt of original documents from field offices.
- Ensures that all bookkeeping/financial documents of War Child and partners are compiled and organized according to international auditing standards and donor and WCH standards.
- Reviews financial reports from partners in collaboration with Program Managers
- Maintains a filing system for the partners’ documents and the daily accounting transactions
- Assists in preparations of new budgets
- Assists in audit preparation, during an audit and in implementation of audit recommendations and findings
- Complies with deadlines and reporting dates
- Performs administrative tasks (filling, photocopies, scanning/faxing documents).
- Assists in preparing contracts
- Assists in applying for permits and working visas.
- Assists and facilitates the adherence to WC administrative, reception of visitors, IT, HR and logistics procedures and staff policies by support staff.
- In the absence of the FM provide support to the WCH team and partners.
- Take on any other relevant tasks within the Operations Department, as requested by the FM
- Reports directly to the Finance Manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in accountancy;
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in similar positions with an NGO
- Logistics and procurement experience is an added value
- Result-oriented, attentive to detail and cost-conscious;
- Excellent computer skills are required
- Fluency in English and Arabic, Hebrew is an added value.
- Works well in small team, flexible to take on new tasks, comfortable in a flexible working environment;
- Based in Jerusalem and willing to travel to Gaza
- Full-time job of 40 hours per week, distributed in five days according the needs of the program.
- Competitive remuneration.
- The staff will follow the Terms and Conditions of employment of War Child oPt.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply no later than Sunday, April 5th, 2020 midnight. Make sure to send your English CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Please state your name and position title in the email.
War Child strives to create an inclusive work environment. Candidates from all backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences who judge that they can fill all or most of the essential requirements for this role are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures