CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender. SIF Palestine Mission was established in 2008 and since then, it has set up many concrete activities in order to help in a large scale and developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs.
Reporting to: Finance & Admin Senior Manager (FASM)
Duration: 3 – 4 months
Starting Date: November 2022
Reference Number: (Ref # 06/2022)
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Accountant is under the supervision of FASM, s/he will be responsible for the following:
- Analyse and evaluate processes and all financial data into computerized accounting system to assist in conducting financial reports on all levels;
- Verify all payment requests and ensure compliance with projects budgets and SIF internal rules and regulations;
- Assure that original invoices, receipts or contracts are available upon payment and systematically archived following SIF procedures;
- Assist administrative staff in daily finance and administrative tasks including cash book recording payments processes, management and input of financial data and supporting documents;
- Reconcile all bank accounts monthly, monitor bank account balances and transfer funds as needed;
- Assist payment of monthly payroll and related taxes;
- Prepare and monitor budget against actual expense on routine basis;
- Assist administrative staff in communications with local external contacts (such as partners, banks, public administration offices and institutions, auditors and suppliers);
- Assist in the management of SIF’s assets and maintain continuous asset inventory periodically and upon request plus management of warehouse movement (in and out);
- Support partners in the financial management and follow-up of projects;
- Contact the partners for their periodic reports and supporting documents and make the needed revision and compliance according to the signed contracts and SIF regulations;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned;
The task list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive and is evolving according to the needs of the organization. The employee may be required to carry out other assignments related to his or her qualification. Being an association with limited resources, versatility and flexibility are necessary in order to overcome any difficulty temporary and exceptional.
The management may thus ask any employee to perform tasks outside this job description and corresponding to your qualification or to be available during campaign periods, outside the working hours and/or days of the employment contract, in compliance with the legislation in force.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A Bachelor Degree from an accredited university in accounting, financial management or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience;
- Minimum 3 years of proven field experience in relevant field;
- Solid experience of work with windows-based computer software, and modern accounting-systems, knowledge the SAGA program is an advantage;
- Very good written and spoken English.
Position based in Ramallah with regular travels to the field in all West Bank governorates and exceptional travels (based on the need).
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings only in English, and as a word or PDF document:
- CV and motivation letter with the name of the position and Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 04:00 p.m. on the 19/09/2022 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.
SIF commits to respect the “Do no harm” humanitarian principle and ensure child safety is paramount in all its activities. SIF implements a Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) at headquarters and in every mission. We do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with vulnerable people, in particular with children join our organization.
This position is subject to a range of vetting checks including criminal records disclosure and reference checks. We have zero tolerance for harmful practices and will take any allegation or report of child abuse very seriously.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer