Position Title: Accountant
Period: 6 months with possibility of extension
Starting date: 1st, July, 2021
PARC is a national developmental organization that strives to develop the agricultural sector, strengthen the resilience of farmers, reach out to the poor and marginalized groups and their CBO’s, mobilize and develop the capabilities of rural people to enable them to control their resources, through the work of a distinguished professional teams and a loyal volunteers. This has been accomplished through creative programs and transparent management and through technical practices to contribute to the establishment of a free and democratic Palestinian society with the values of social justice.
Job purpose summary:
The accountant role is to provide support to the implementation of the (Immediate Support for Small Scale Farmers Affected by May 2021 Escalation of Hostilities in the Gaza Strip) project and activities in Gaza. This project is implemented in partnership with OCHA. The purpose of the position is to ensure the financial viability of the emergency intervention. S/he plays a crucial role in providing high-quality financial management information necessary to support an effective humanitarian operation. Specific responsibilities include; assessment of financial needs and cash flow requirements, financial planning (inc. budget submissions), contract management, financial reporting, and audit. In addition, s/he will need to identify and resolve any financial management problems which may arise, facilitate the involvement of PARC Members in the development and funding of projects, and provide appropriate training in financial policies and procedures for emergency personnel.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Ensure that the accounting system is kept up to date
- Process all financial transactions in an accurate and timely fashion;
- Encode analytical accountancy
- Prepare and process the opening and closing of accounts (i.e. reconcile salaries)
- Prepare invoices for payment
- Manage the day-to-day functioning of the finance section, including cash disbursements, cash receipts, etc
- Establish an effective filing system which can provide easy access to information and proper documentation of all financial requirement
- Ensure all typical donor requirements for documentation of expenditures are met to facilitate attribution of expenses to donors when funding is obtained
- Keep track and regularly update of our budget-tracking tool;
- Provide support to budget holders as necessary;
- Responsible for preparing monthly reports for the director, quarterly accounts for the project team and donor.
- Support during our annual audit
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Competences:
- Bachelor’s or master degree in in accounting or financial management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of similar work experience in finance management and accounting in non-governmental organisation.
- Proven numeracy and financial analysis / planning skills
- Ability to use financial system to track accounting activity is required
- Extensive experience in budget formulation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication both in written and in verbal.
- Very good in spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to www.pal-arc.org/jobs to the attention of the HR Department no later than 27 June 2021 and include the job title (Accountant) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.