Al-Haq is an independent Palestinian non-governmental human rights organization based in Ramallah, West Bank. Established in 1979 to protect and promote human rights and the rule of law in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT), the organization has special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
Al-Haq documents violations of the individual and collective rights of Palestinians in the OPT, irrespective of the identity of the perpetrator, and seeks to end such breaches by way of advocacy before national and international mechanisms and by holding the violators accountable. Al-Haq conducts research; prepares reports, studies and interventions on breaches of international human rights and humanitarian law in the OPT; and undertakes advocacy before local, regional and international bodies. Al-Haq also cooperates with Palestinian civil society organizations and governmental institutions in order to ensure that international human rights standards are reflected in Palestinian law and policies. The organization has a specialized international law library for the use of its staff and the local community.
Al-Haq is the winner of the 2018 Human Rights Prize of the French Republic and the West Bank affiliate of the International Commission of Jurists - Geneva and is a member of the International Network for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR-Net), the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network (EMHRN), the World Organization Against Torture (OMCT), the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH), Habitat International Coalition (HIC), the Palestinian Human Rights Organizations Council (PHROC), and the Palestinian NGO Network (PNGO).
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Preparing salaries sheets and pay slips, in addition to Compute Monthly income taxes and consultant taxes.
- Handling Travel Advances and expenses.
- Filling and documents scanning.
- To handle severance and provident box transactions.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings and Preparing Donors Files.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Bank Reconciliation.
- Assets Management.
- Help in Auditing Process.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
BSc in Accounting
Technical and Functional Experience:
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Ngo’s.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures.
- Hands-on experience with Bisan Financial System.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is required.
Applications, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and three professional references should be submitted by 27 Nov. 2019 to: [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please use “Accountant” as the subject of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Al-Haq is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices.