Arabic version follows.
The Palestinian Center for Peace and Democracy (PCPD) is looking for a consultant that’s an expert on the Palestinian Constitution.
PCPD is leading organization in the field of political development that aims to enhance democratic practices and to improve the current political situation in Palestine. We are a national progressive democratic institution; our duty is to work at the grassroots level alleviating the day-to-day suffering and the hardships caused by the inhumane Israeli policies imposed on Palestinians. PCPD’s principal task is to adopt and support the issues and initiatives of our target groups, and the marginalized and the poor in particular. PCPD works with the latter to educate, train, and build their capacities to implement projects that stem from their needs. We also work in community organizing, establishing local self-reliant committees capable of making their voices heard among decision makers.
PCPD is working on a new project supported by OXFAM titled “Re-reading the Palestinian draft constitution from a gender lens.” This project will target Palestinian youth activist from different geographical location in the West Bank that have a background in law. A wide participation from young women and men advocate for a gender sensitive constitution for Palestine; active youth who lead discussions and exchange ideas with policy and decision makers on promoting gender equality in Palestinian laws. The youth are to attend two training session and to write a participatory research that will demand a gendered perspective to the Palestinian constitution. Therefore, the PCPD is looking for an experienced trainer on law and gender.
Scope of the work:
The trainer will give two training session in September and the beginning of October (September 24 and October 1) to the youth participating in the project, and assist with the writing process of the participatory research. As well as attend two ZOOM meetings with the participants to assist and finalize the participatory research.
PCPD’s office. PCPD has a conference room that is fit for training, it includes a projector, posters, stationary supplies, Air conditioning, and enough chairs and room for 35 persons.
PCPD is located in Ramallah, Beitunyia, the Old city. Across from the UNIPAL facility
Objectives of the training:
The trainer is to hold and give two training session that includes explaining the Palestinian constitution through a gendered perspective. The purpose of this project is to produce a participatory research that re-reads the fourth draft of the Palestinian constitution from a gendered lens; a document that will be shared with relevant stakeholders. The chosen trainer will assist in this by two-folds:
- Give 2 training session on the Palestinian constitution that will enhance the youths knowledge and understanding on it, whilst providing a gendered perspective to the constitution.
- Analyzing the fourth Palestinian constitution; Chapter one and develop its articles to go in line with the international articles, declarations, conventions, and agreements Palestine has signed. Assist the youth on writing up a participatory research that demands a gendered perspective to the Palestinian constitution.
Period of execution:
September – November 2022
September 24th hold the one training session. During the month of the October there will be one training session at the beginning of the month and he trainer will review the research document produced by the youth and give his/her suggestions. The youth and trainer will meet two times on ZOOM to finalize the participatory research. By the end of October, the participatory research must be completed. In November, there will be a meeting with decision makers to discuss the outcome of the research.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Trainer qualifications and requirements:
- Knowledge on the Palestinian Constitution and knowledge on the international articles, declarations, conventions, and agreements Palestine has signed.
- BA degree on Law, or any relevant field (Social science, political science, Human Rights, International Relations)
- 3-5 years of experience training in related field.
- Gender sensitive approach
- Great knowledge of the political and social situation in oPt, including gender and human rights
- Ability to give a training session that tends to 15 youth. Training methodology and it should be a participatory one.
- Fluent in Arabic, and familiar with English is desirable.
- الإلمام بالدستور الفلسطيني والمعرفة بالمواد والإعلانات والاتفاقيات الدولية التي وقعت عليها فلسطين.
- درجة البكالوريوس في القانون ، أو أي مجال ذي صلة (العلوم الاجتماعية ، العلوم السياسية ، حقوق الإنسان ، العلاقات الدولية)
- 3-5 سنوات خبرة في التدريب في مجال ذي صلة.
- نهج يراعي النوع الاجتماعي
- معرفة كبيرة بالوضع السياسي والاجتماعي في الأرض الفلسطينية المحتلة ، بما في ذلك النوع الاجتماعي وحقوق الإنسان
- القدرة على إعطاء دورة تدريبية لـ 15 شاباً. منهجية التدريب ويجب أن تكون تشاركية.
- يجيد اللغة العربية ، وعلى دراية باللغة الإنجليزية أمر مرغوب فيه.إن كنت مهتما:
If this position interests you, please send the following:
- An updated CV
- A short summary of previous work that is familiar to this position.
The chosen candidate must submit their training manual and action plan a week prior to the training session.
- Prices are valid for 120 days.
-The submitted offers should be in USD excluding VAT (project is VAT Exemption). The tendered should be able to issue an official vat exemption invoice
-The tendered should submit a valid deduction at source certificate, if not then Oxfam will deduct a percentage of the final payment according to Palestinian Taxation department & laws.
APPLICANTS MUST SEND INTREST LETTER BEFORE SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH 2022 BY 12PM
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please email all documents [email protected]
Contact person: Ms. Nura Alkhalili
Palestine, Ramallah, Beitunyia, the Old city.
Email: [email protected]