The Palestine Children's Relief Fund is a nonprofit, nonpolitical, nonreligious humanitarian relief organization, established in 1992 to arrange medical care for sick and injured Palestinian children who could not be treated in their homeland. Since our founding, we have expanded and grown into one of the main relief organizations in the Middle East, helping thousands of children each year get the care and support they need to live better lives.
PCRF is currently looking to recruit four Social Workers in Gaza Strip. Two Social Workers in Gaza City, one in Central Gaza, and one in South Gaza.
Job Title: Social Worker
Program/ Unit: Operations
Reporting Line: Gaza Area Manager
Location: Gaza Offices and Field
Position Type: Service Agreement from June 2021 to Dec. 2021
The Social Worker will be responsible for conducting research on the humanitarian needs in Gaza Strip after the last war, according to PCRF standards and guidelines. The SW is responsible to identify medical cases for treatment, support Gaza staff, gather needed information for PCRF management, and provide assessments of the situation. The SW is expected to prepare weekly and monthly reports on work progress.
- Identify beneficiaries in need of treatment and humanitarian help.
- Prepare complete files for the cases and manage all the data.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports of work progress.
- Conduct researches on the situation in Gaza.
- Provide technical and logistical support to Gaza staff per the Gaza Manager instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Minimum Skill Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Social Work or relevant experience.
- A BA degree in Social studies or a comparable degree.
- Fluency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Fluent in Arabic and very good English language command.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Professional communication with co-workers, supervisors, and beneficiaries.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter highlighting relevant work and a CV/Resume. The cover letters and CVs must be submitted to [email protected]. The email subject line must include the title of the position (Social Worker - Gaza). The closing date for applications is June 3rd, 2021.