Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organization working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Jerusalem office a
For 12 months with a possibility of extension
- Ensure coordination between Logistics and the other departments in the Mission, to provide the adequate level of support to Action Against Hunger operations in oPt
- Manage the Logistics department, monitoring its performance in all the processes related to Logistics to ensure they are in line with the Mission´s Logistics Strategy
- Draft the Mission´s Logistics Strategy and collaborate with the other members of the Coordination team in creating the Mission´s Strategy.
Objective 1: Coordinate logistics at national level
Internal coordination of the logistics team in the Mission.
- Allocation of workload and resources between Bases
- Functional Management and follow-up of logistics staff
- Support the standardization of procedures, templates, and tools
- Focal point for the team´s troubleshooting
- Dissemination and implementation of Action Against Hunger´s logistics procedures (KitLog)
- Ensure the compliance of the whole logistics operations to Action Against Hunger´s Good Business Regulations, Code of Conduct and Charter of Principles.
Drafting / Revision of Proposals and Reports to donors.
- Ensure proposals are in line with the Mission´s Logistics Strategy, and consider logistics costs, logistics needs, and the logistics context in the intended implementation areas
- Create, update, and disseminate Project Procurement Plans, to be included in the proposal package sent to Action Against Hunger´s donors.
- Prepare and/or supervise the reports accuracy to donors on all logistics aspects defined by their policy (including stock, equipment, fleet, and procurement).
Support to and supervision of the supply chain:
- Implementation and monitoring of Action Against Hunger´s Supply Chain Management Tools.
- Ensure adequate coordination among all departments involved in the supply chain to any extent.
- Procurement planning for every Contract to be implemented by the Mission.
- Creation, updating and dissemination of the Mission´s Supply Plan.
- Monitor the compliance with Action Against Hunger and donors´ logistics procedures.
- Ensure efficient transport of supplies within the Mission.
- Ensure the compliance of the whole supply chain to Action Against Hunger´s Good Business Regulations, Code of Conduct and Charter of Principles.
- Implementation of the anti-fraud policy and its tools within the logistics department.
- Prepare the logistics part of the Mission´s annual budget
- Contribute to any budget to be submitted to donors as part of a Proposal
- Follow-up on budget lines related to logistics (Equipment, furniture, utilities etc.
Reporting, analysis, and information management
- Control and analyse the Mission´s Logistics costs.
- Consolidate-, monitor- and analyse any data submitted by the Bases.
- Analyse and optimise equipment use and renewal strategy implementation.
- Ensure the implementation of Action Against Hunger´s Archiving Policy.
- Prepare responses to any donor requirements and audits at any level.
- Ensure the Monthly Reporting requirements to Headquarters are met by the Mission.
IT & Communication Management:
- Implement adequate and relevant IT & Communication systems
- Analyse new requirements and the cost/efficiency of existing systems
- Implement Action Against Hunger´s IT policy in the Mission
- Act as Mission IT Focal point between HQ IT Department/support and Bases IT Focal Point staff
- Advice and support the different Department on data management, security data requirements and data repositories standards.
- Create and implement an equipment policy for the Mission.
- Ensure the adequacy of equipment to suit requirements and users.
- Manage equipment according to Action Against Hunger and donors’ guidelines.
- Ensure the correct and documented transfer of equipment on completion of projects.
- Ensure an efficient management of equipment in the Mission.
- Ensure an efficient fleet planning and management in the Mission.
- Create and disseminate a vehicle use policy.
- Ensure efficient transport of staff within the Mission.
- Monitor the maintenance and control of vehicles in accordance with Action Against Hunger´s procedures.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Contribute to the creation and regular updating of the Mission´s Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan.
- Train and prepare the logistics teams on Emergency response according to the Mission´s Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan.
- Set up and manage emergency stocks when applicable.
Objective 2: Contribute to the definition of mission strategy
- Contribute to the definition of the logistics component of the Mission´s strategy with information, hard data, and clear planning.
- Develop, update, and disseminate the Mission´s Logistics Strategy.
- Contribute to discussions within the Mission´s Coordination Team as needed.
- Advise the Mission´s departments on logistics, as needed.
Objective 3: Promote and ensure collaboration and coordination in logistics with external stakeholders and implementing partners
- Contribute to the process of selection of implementing partners, and validate any analysis submitted by the bases on their logistics capacity.
- Define the specifics of logistics management in any joint project between Action Against Hunger and its implementing partners.
- Ensure any practices not already in use by Action Against Hunger are analyzed and considered for implementation.
- Contribute and validate the logistics component of any written agreement between Action Against Hunger and its implementing partners.
- Represent Action Against Hunger on any external coordination bodies and develop a network for the exchange of information and good practices on logistics.
Objective 4: Line-management of the logistics team in Jerusalem, and technical management of and support to Base Logisticians in the Bases
- Define the country’s logistics team configuration in collaboration with the Management Team, ensuring the correct allocation of human resources within the Mission
- Update and revise job descriptions for every member of the department
- Contribute to the recruitment of logistics staff as needed
- Ensure the cohesion and good communication within the department
- Participate in the briefing/debriefing of logistics team members and other staff relatively to logistics topics
- Develop and monitor individual action plans for every member of the department
- Contribute to the Mission Training Plan, and monitor its implementation within the logistics department
- Provide technical support, guidance, or training to any team member, as needed
- Evaluate the performance of every team member, and contribute to the development their relevant skills
Objective 5: Operational support to the Mission´s security management
- Advise the Country Director on matters related to security management.
- Deputise as security manager in the absence of the Country Director.
- Contribute to analyse the Mission´s operational context.
- Collect and disseminate externally produced security information to the relevant staff in the Operations department.
- Contribute to the design and update of the operational component of the Mission´s Security Plan package.
- Contribute to monitor the compliance of all staff with the Mission´s security regulations.
- Ensure the compliance of all personnel under his direct management with the Mission´s security regulations.
- Contribute to the follow up on the physical status and availability of contingency measures and equipment (e.g., hibernation boxes, back-up vehicles).
Objective 6: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support any emergency interventions by Action Against Hunger in mission.
- Support any activity that helps reaching Action Against Hunger´s goals in mission.
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Logistics, Business, Engineering or another related field. Master in Logistics, Humanitarian Studies or similar an asset.
- Procurement, security, fleet, and IT.
- Advanced knowledge of donor’s guidelines and procedures related to Logistics (ECHO, UNICEF, EU, UNICEF, AECID) an asset.
- Minimum 4-years’ experience in field logistics or related field coordination in a Humanitarian Aid organization. Evidence of practical experience in logistics management and coordination within the field of supply chain management, fleet/transport management and asset management.
- Experience in launching tenders is an asset.
- Experience in budgeting and budget management for logistics.
- Experience producing accurate-, timely and efficient reports about all areas related to logistics.
- Proven management- and coordination skills (including HR and stress management).
- Proven ability in translating analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategic decision-making.
- Experience in logistics tools development and data analysis is an asset.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a similar role (international humanitarian operations, medium-big sized mission, access constraints).
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger is an asset.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Advanced Windows Office 365 user, medium level of MS Excel compulsory, PowerBI software knowledge is an asset. General IT knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Mobility between bases as required (Hebron, Gaza, etc.). Ability to travel occasionally outside oPt.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to 3rd of November 2021.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.