Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the Civil Society Programme- CSP, we are looking for a full-time position based in Ramallah
Junior Administrative Officer
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Head of Administration in daily management of program admin and finance issues
- Financial management of cash withdrawals according to GIZ Rules and regulations. Reconciles the cash book and cash account daily and reports any surplus or shortfall in cash.
- Assist in inviting offers, organize purchase orders and follow-up service contracts
- Review and prepare bank and cash payments and follow up with suppliers and the completion of payments to suppliers, staff and consultants.
- Establishes and maintains a filing structure to programmes' files according to GIZ guidelines.
- Supports the Head of Administration in handling internal and external audits.
- Provide clerical assistant to the program including photocopying and scanning of documents, organising and compiling of information materials, and Labels files as needed
- Preparing and organising information materials for the line manager, and assist in preparing financial reports for partners and program when required
- Provide general administrative support to the program, check car logs and
- Manage the program inventory list and update it regularly
- Carry out the settlement and payment of travel claims
- Performs other duties and tasks as stated in the JD and requested by management.
Jobs.ps, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- BA in finance, Business Administration or any related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar position
- Fluent in English and Arabic. German is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet)
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, self-initiator, flexible and able to work with people of different backgrounds, service oriented, friendly personality, well organised and motivated.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
Assignment: Starting 01.02.2019
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and a one page cover letter, no later than 20th January 2019.
Kindly state in the email subject ”Junior Administrative Officer- CSP’’. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.