Position: Logistics Assistant
Contract duration: 6 months– 3 months probation period
Location:Gaza / Palestine
Starting Date : ASAP
Background on ACTED
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non discrimination.
ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. In association with several French, European and International partners, ACTED is committed to promoting and developing innovative approaches and initiatives, humanitarian principles, new forms of solidarity and convergences between private and public actors and NGOs from the North and the South covering themes such as aid efficiency and transparency, evaluation, information and coordination of humanitarian emergencies, promotion of local governance and civil society strengthening, sustainable access to income and microfinance, prevention and reduction of catastrophes, the link between development aid, sustainable development and social business, food security, etc.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks a Logistics Assistant to support the field coordinator with the logistics tasks in Gaza office..
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Assistance of Fuel & Fleet Management
- Assistance in Transportation and Vehicle Movements Management
- Assistance in Procurement Management
- Assistance in Assets and properties Management
- Logistics Department Support and Filing
- Assist ACTED’s mission in Procurement and Supply Chain Management; Assets Management, Stock Management, Information Technology & communication Management, Logistics Department Support and Filling.
- Communicate any security issues to Logistics and Security Officer.
- Provide safe and secure driving service for personnel and delegation when is needed.
- Carry out administrative or basic maintenance tasks in the offices when required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration,or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the same position.
- Previous work experience with NGOs / INGOs.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments & meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills.
- Fluency in written & spoken English/ Arabic.
- Professional attitude, good social skills, and ability to work in a team.
- Accurate, reliable, open-minded, and a positive attitude.
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
- Valid Driving license (with clean record) is compulsory
- Commitment towards principles and ethics of humanitarian aid, including compliance with ACTED standards and principles.
- Experience in adhering to security protocols and procedures.
- Strong Computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook,and the Internet.
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 21/05/2017 no later than 12:00pm to:
indicating the position (Logistics Assistant) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Att: Human Resources Department
For more information, visit us at www.acted.org