COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale - is an international Non-Governmental Organization operating in the Occupied Palestinian Territory since 2002. For the implementation of the humanitarian jobs.ps aid project entitled “Promoting East Jerusalem innovation and sustainable economic development through TVET”, COOPI is looking for professionals with administration/logistics background in Jerusalem for a position in East Jerusalem of Administrative Assistant/Logistician.
The candidate shall work under the direct supervision of the Country Administrator. The position is a 1-year renewable contract with starting date in October 2016 and a 3-months’ probation period.
- Ensure the logistics and administrative follow up of the projects;
- Management of accountancy software;
- Apply and supervise the correct use of administrative procedures
- Prepare all documents and forms necessary for the implementation of the project;
- Translate orally from English into Arabic, and vice versa during meetings with authorities, donors, beneficiaries, stakeholder;
- Supervise the site activities when applicable to ensure adequate quality and progress;
- Provide solutions and define work processes for all planned interventions;
- Coordinate the activities with the partners in planning, monitoring, reporting tasks;
- Support the international staff in all the activities, sharing information, and assist in new proposals formulation, if necessary.
- University Degree in Economics, Administration or related fields;
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in similar positions and/or in similar sectors;
- Previous experience with an international humanitarian NGO is an advantage;
- Demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Excellent inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Strong supervisory skills and abilities, ability to give general direction to staff, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- High knowledge of computer language;
- Driving license
Interested candidates should submit the Application Form, their CV and a cover letter in English to COOPI Office in Jerusalem or by e-mail to
The deadline for applying is 23rd of September 2016.
Only short-listed candidates with strong adherence to the requirements will be contacted.
NB. Interested applicants to apply, must complete the following application form in English.