Description of the post
COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale - is an international Non-Governmental Organization operating in the Occupied Palestinian Territory since 2002. For the implementation of the humanitarian aid project entitled “Our lives, our future. Protection, resilience and empowerment of vulnerable Palestinian women in East Jerusalem”, COOPI is looking for professionals with administration/logistics background for a position in
East Jerusalem of Administrative/Logistician.
The candidate shall work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
The duty station is Coopi office in East Jerusalem, with missions on the field.
The position is a 11 months contract with starting date in November 2018 including a 2-months’ probation period.
Coopi started a 12 months emergency project financed by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, titled “Our lives, our future. Protection, resilience and empowerment of vulnerable Palestinian women in East Jerusalem”.
The project aims at fostering the access of vulnerable Palestinian women of East Jerusalem (Silwan and Isawiya neighbourhoods) to response services in the framework of gender-based violence and technical and vocational training, through:
- Protection and resilience of the most vulnerable Palestinian women in East Jerusalem survived or at risk of gender and political violence are reinforced.
- Technical and professional skills of the most vulnerable Palestinian women in East Jerusalem according to the local market demand are developed.
- New job opportunities of self-employment and micro-entrepreneurship for the most vulnerable Palestinian women of East Jerusalem are created.
- Ensure the logistics and administrative follow up of the projects;
- Management of accountancy software (Desy);
- Monitor cash flows and supervise petty cash handling in coordination with the Country Administrator;
- Apply and supervise the correct use of administrative procedures;
- Prepare payment vouchers and verify supporting documents for project and administrative expenditure. Ensure classification of all financial information and documents in accordance with the project and respective budget lines;
- Prepare all documents and forms necessary for the implementation of the project;
- Ensure appropriate filing system of project documentation is in place, accurate and updated;
- Support the Project Manager in all the different steps of the procurement process;
- Translate orally and written from English into Arabic, and vice versa during meetings with authorities, donors, beneficiaries, stakeholder;
- Supervise the site activities when applicable to ensure adequate quality and progress;
- Provide solutions and define work processes for all planned interventions;
- Support the Project Manager in all the activities, sharing information, and assist in new proposals formulation, if necessary.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University Degree in Economics, Administration or related fields;
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in similar positions and/or in similar sectors; previous experience with an international humanitarian NGO in Jerusalem is an advantage;
- Demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Excellent inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Strong organization skills, ability to work with autonomy if needed and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, ability to provide support to other staff;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic;
- High knowledge of computer language;
- Valid Israeli driving license
The deadline for applying is 26th of October 2018.
Only short-listed candidates with strong adherence to the requirements will be contacted.
NB. Interested applicants to apply, must complete the following application form in English.