Duty Station East Jerusalem
Contract duration 4 months (with possible renewal of one month)
Project AICS funded “Our lives, our future. Protection, resilience and empowerment of vulnerable Palestinian women in East Jerusalem”
Donor AICS (Italian Agency of Cooperation for Development)
Starting Date ASAP
COOPI has been implementing a 12 months emergency project financed by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, titled “Our lives, our future. Protection, resilience and empowerment of vulnerable Palestinian women in East Jerusalem”.
The project aims at fostering the access of vulnerable Palestinian women of East Jerusalem (Silwan and Al-Isawieh neighbourhoods) to response services in the framework of gender-based violence and new job opportunities.
The project will:
- Reinforce protection and resilience of the most vulnerable Palestinian women in East Jerusalem survived or at risk of gender and political violence;
- Develop their technical and professional skills according to the local market demand;
- Create new job opportunities of self-employment and micro-entrepreneurship.
The Training Field Officer’s main responsibility is to facilitate the project activity related to the development of new job opportunities of self-employment and micro-entrepreneurship for the most vulnerable Palestinian women of Silwan and Al-Isawieh, through start-up business trainings and coaching.
The objective of this role is to guarantee quality delivery of the training to the final beneficiaries, by strict monitoring of the activities on the field, by using proper MEAL tools and by quality mediation of the local associations.
- To oversee and coordinate a consultancy service for the development of start-up business trainings;
- To submit regular activity’s work-plans in coordination with the Project Manager;
- To liaise with project partners and local counterparts as appropriate and always in coordination with the Project Manager;
- To ensure an ongoing coordination with project CBOs and oversee the consultative processes between them and target beneficiaries;
- To collect and document feedback from the field on activity implementation, including challenges and lessons learnt;
- To identify any potential issues or risks from the field that could affect the progression of the activity,
report them to the Project Manager and advance possible solutions;
- To collect and analyze field data and keep the MEAL project plan updated with regards to the result
and activity assigned;
- To develop data collection and management tools related to result’s and activity’s indicators in
accordance with the MEAL project plan, in reference to the training activities;
- To develop monthly indicator reports for tracking progress vs key indicator, in coordination with the
- To guarantee visibility measures in close coordination with the Project Manager and, when requested,
develop articles based on activities results and success stories;
- To collect information for monthly reports on activities progress and to contribute at writing of the
- To carry out any other relevant assignments as tasked by the Project Manager;
- Resume of outputs required: Monthly reports; Minutes of meetings; Monthly project activity workplan
(in collaboration with the Project manager); Data collection and analysis tools related to
result/activity’s indicator; Monthly MEAL Matrix (in collaboration with Project Manager).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in subject areas of Political/Social Science, International Development or any
- 2 years’ experience in the humanitarian sector in a similar position;
- Previous experience in the Country will be a strong asset;
- Ability to plan, organise work and reports effectively;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet the deadlines;
- Good reporting writing skills;
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation with a focus on data collection and analysis;
- Very good-interpersonal and writing communication skills;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (a good knowledge of Arabic and Italian will be an asset);
- Computer literacy and proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools;
- Valid driving license.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a Cover Letter in English by e-mail to: [email protected]
The deadline for applying is 26th of June 2019.
Only short-listed candidates with strong adherence to the requirements will be contacted.