PREMIERE-URGENCE INTERNATIONAL (PUI) is an international apolitical and non-religious nonprofit organization intervening in more than 20 countries around the world to survive and rebuilds to help people their lives. Première Urgence Internationale merged in 2011 to offer a better range of lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to communities affected or forced to flee from war or disaster.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Admin Assistant is responsible for the implementation and the good management in administrative procedures in Nablus base. S/He carries-out and follow-up all Admin & Finance tasks related to Nablus Base. S/He will ensure that the required documentation is available in the finance folder of the base to comply international standards and the national policies of PUI on the base. S/He will ensures that the needs of the base in Nablus are well complied.
The Nablus Log/Admin Officer reports to the Field Coordinator and receives technical support from the Administrative team based in the Coordination office in Ramallah.
Team: No team management
Responsibilities and tasks
Under the supervision of the WB Field Coordinator, and the technical supervision of the Admin Coordinator:
- Human Resources management
- Staff management
- To prepare, gather and scan supporting documents related to each local staff contract according to PUI HR checklist to maintain good filing system.
- To participate in recruitment processes (recruitment notice, interviews, invitation to technical tests, publication of results…)
- To prepare local staff contracts, daily workers contracts and Internships contracts (new recruitments, contract extensions or renewals) and ensure each staff is aware of contract terms and conditions.
- To ensure the good knowledge and respect by all staff of HR procedures and rules.
- To participate in revisions of the HR policy
- To follow up the employment resignation and termination cases.
- Allowance and per diem payments
- To keep track Nablus staff timesheets each month.
- To prepare expat per-diem pay sheets and cash at the beginning of each month.
- To prepare local staff salary sheets and payment at the end of each month (including payment calculations)
- To prepare daily workers payments sheets and receipt vouchers
- Financial & Accounting follow up
- Petty Cash management
- To respect security rules in coordination with the Field Coordinator + Admin Coordinator.
- To systematically update the cashbooks related to Nablus base as well as the corresponding Excel spreadsheets.
- To make sure cash-in and cash-out operations are compliant with the procurement procedures defined by Logistic.
- To keep up-to-date advance slips and advance payments.
- To do the monthly cash inventory at the end of the month and send it to the Admin coordinator.
- To prepare / consolidate the cash flow forecast and send it to the Admin coordinator.
- Invoice management
- To ensure that bills provided by the staff are compliant with the Administration requirements (key invoice data and corresponding translation) and are given with a receipt of the payment.
- To prepare the bills before doing the data entry into the accounting software (filling-in of the key-data table, including accounting and budget allocation code)
- Accounting and month-end closing
- To assist enter through-out the month all transactions (invoices, advances, staff payments, money transfers, money exchanges) in the -cashbooks with the correct allocation codes (accounting and budget).
- To scan the monthly accounting to keep the copies on the basis.
- To prepare receipt vouchers related to suppliers, leasers, partners, beneficiaries,,etc. Gather and review all the supporting documents to each entry.
- Communicate with the finance department in the coordination office to control the financial issues.
- VAT System
- To check that bills exempted from VAT are well stamped based on Palestinian law.
- Budget management
- To realize monthly budget monitoring of each project in relation with other departments (logistics, Program, ...)
- To support programs and logistics in the budget allocation of expenditures and notify his supervisor if a budget line reaches saturation.
- To participate in the budget construction of new projects.
- Administrative tasks
- Contracts and documents management
- To file and archive Nablus staff-related documents for expatriate and local staff (copies of IDs/passports, PU cards, airplane tickets ...)
- To file and archive all existing contracts (staff, insurance, offices and flats rental, cars, telephones, suppliers) and related documents, in coordination with the Logistic.
- To file all accounting-related documents (invoices advances ...).
- Other administrative tasks
- Answers telephone, directs calls to correct staff member or relay’s messages to staff as required.
- Translate documents, formal letters, MOUs and formal agreements from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Composes routine correspondence and performs a variety of administrative functions which include but are not limited to: typing, word processing, drafting routine correspondence, and transcribing.
- Scan and send scanned copies to requesters, mainly scanned copies for the HR/Admin coordinator, finance contracts and daily administration work.
- Files all documents/scanned copies as needed and keeps filing system maintained.
- Maintains record file of all faxes received.
- Follow up the health insurance agreement (reimbursements, additions, cancellation,,,etc.) and policy.
The list of tasks described above is the general framework of your duties, your job profile can be redefined or modified on your request or at the request of your supervisor and after validation of the Administration.
Qualifications and Experiences
- University degree in finance, accounting, human resources, business administration or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experiences.
- NGO experience and knowledge of donor requirements is an asset.
- Desirable Knowledge about different emergency donor financial procedures.
Skills & abilities
- Knowledge and experience of promoting gender equity, and an active commitment to promoting the interests of marginalized/vulnerable people in all aspects of PUI’s work
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in Arabic and English. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Word, Excel and Access.
- Proven ability to plan and manage owns time.
- Clean Driving license; ability to move round throughout all WB.
- Candidate from Nablus Area is desired.
PUI provides a work environment that reflects the values of integrity, diversity and gender equality. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented cultural or social groups.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit a cover letter and a detailed resume including 3 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact).
Please submit your application before January 21, 2018, by sending an email to: [email protected]. Please indicate the Position Title in the E-mail subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.