12 months contract
The Water Sector Regulatory Council "WSRC” invites experienced and qualified professionals to apply for the position mentioned below for a one year term vacancy in its office in Al Bireh
Wastewater Tariff Specialist
The Wastewater Tariff Specialist is to support the team in reviewing and finalizing the tariff methodology, the tariff adjustment and the application procedure.. S/he will monitor the preparation and implementation of the tariff bylaw.
Key tasks of the tariff specialist:
- Participate in the review and finalization of the tariff methodology, the tariff adjustment application procedure and related forms.
- Monitor the preparation and implementation of the Tariff bylaw
- Review tariff adjustment applications proposed by the wastewater service providers and validate submitted data
- Assist service providers in adopting and using the tariff calculation module and provide on the job training and necessary training manuals.
- Review the cost statement analysis submitted by the wastewater service providers
- Prepare recommendations and conditions on the tariff application for the CEO review and approval
- Follow-up the implementation of WSRC’s approved tariffs
- A bachelor degree in accounting background or any related fields, master is preferred
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of proven experience in preparation of socio-economic studies; financial auditing preferably in the water sector
- Knowledge in the Palestinian water sector is an added value.
- English proficiency
- Professional certificates as CPA, CMA and both is preferred.
- International experience in water tariff preparation is preferable
For above position:
Starting date: as soon as possible
Application deadline: November 20th, 2017, 3:00 PM
Applications should be submitted to the email:
Please mention in the subject of the email the title of the post you are applying for.
Note: only shortlisted will be contacted.