Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Project Officer
For an initial 6 months with possibility of extension
The WASH Project officer will coordinate the implementation of the WASH activities with the key stakeholders (PWA, CMWU, WASH Cluster and municipalities) as directed by the line manager, follow up field works and report to the WASH Head of Project and WASH Program Manager.
The WASH Project Officer will also participate in the field assessments in coordination with the local partners. And ensure programmatic consistency and good collaboration amongst all technical team for a comprehensive and integrated approach towards supporting project beneficiaries.
The duties described below are based on a combination of field visits and office work, in coordination with and under the supervision of, the WASH Head of Project and WASH Program Manager:
Implement the activities of the project:
- Ensure the effective implementation of activities defined by the WASH Program Manager.
- Schedule activities according to the project’s evolution.
- Assess and update project needs (HR, financial, logistics).
- Identify and anticipate problems or constraints.
- Follow projects’ advancement by regular visits.
- Propose solutions or improvements to achieve better performance of WASH projects.
- Supervise project field work and distribution at worksites.
- Write reports on the activities and project budgetary follow-ups.
Participate in the involvement of beneficiary communities in the project
- Coordinate activities and sensitize local partners in the field.
- Identify community-level technical training needs.
- Organize information dissemination meetings with community members to develop their knowledge of water quality and hygiene practices.
Project identification, design and evaluation
- Participate in the design and implementation of WASH assessments, surveys or any other project identification studies in collaboration and coordination with the Technical Coordinator.
- Participate in the design of WASH problem statements, concept papers and projects in collaboration and coordination with the Technical Coordinator.
- Participate in ongoing information-gathering from other NGOs, institutions, local authorities and other key actors about the local WASH security situation.
- Participate in the design and implementation of Action Against Hunger - WASH country strategy in coordination with the WASH Program Manager, Technical Coordinator and Country Director.
- Maintain and cultivate effective relations at the technical level with counterparts, beneficiaries and other external actors, as they relate to Action Against Hunger activities.
- Attend local WASH meetings or project-related community meetings
- Participate in or supervise the writing of Terms of Reference for any external service.
- Translation of work as required.
- Those duties that are inherent to the position and requested according to mission needs.
- Participate in the writing of technical documents related to the implementation of WASH activities (terms of reference, technical studies or surveys, tender reports, announcements, technical evaluation and final reports, etc.)
- Write the internal monthly technical report (to be sent to the WASH Program Manager and Technical Coordinator)
- Participate in the writing of interim and final reports for donors
- Write the minutes, with conclusions, recommendations and action points resulting from meetings or field visits.
- Write weekly activity plans.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering.
- Have a good knowledge on Water and Waste water projects.
- Sense of confidentiality – Skilled activity leader - Good listening, good communication and adaptation capacity.
- Excellent communication skills and has extensive knowledge of ways to deal smoothly with all sectors of the community. Has good empathy and patience.
- Proven relevant field experience in WASH, and at least 2-years experience in WASH projects.
- Knowledge in Humanitarian programming.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and English.
- Good knowledge of MS office and AutoCad.
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 05/11/2018
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.