WASH Program Manager
CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
SIF Gaza Strip Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Mission has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The WASH Program Manager is, under the Programs Manager, responsible for all operational aspects of WASH Projects; she/ he also work in close cooperation with all the team.
- Conduct needs assessments of the current situation in Gaza Strip for the aspects linked with WASH issue to draw future intervention;
- Ensure the training and supervision of national workers in WASH projects;
- Give recommendations and participate in the writing of new WASH projects proposal submissions,
- Supervise technical aspect of WASH projects;
- Implicate, participate and cooperate with the different strand of action of the Secours Islamique France: Agriculture, food security, child care, relief, rehabilitation and development;
- Design and implement a hygiene awareness-raising and sanitation promotion strategy;
- Set up procedures for regular evaluation of WASH projects achievements;
- Monitor field activities, and regular collection of data and compile in weekly activity report;
- Take an active part in the drafting of activities reporting to donors and SIF headquarters;
- Represent SIF to donors, UN, international and national NGOs and national authorities conducting WASH projects to ensure most appropriate program decisions and culturally appropriate activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in WASH technician degree or related fields and equivalent work experience;
- Wastewater networks constructions experiences;
- Hygiene awareness-raising campaign implementation experiences;
- At least 5 years of experience in supervising staff;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff.
- Ability to lead and participate in teams but also to work independently;
- Multidisciplinary : intervention capacity with the different strand of action (Agriculture, food security, child care, relief, rehabilitation and development);
- Consistent reporting skill;
- Knowledge of conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework);
- Excellent written and spoken English (essential);
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, internet and e-mail);
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
Flexibility, organization skills, sense of responsibilities, analysis and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, ready to listen to people, capacity to prioritize, open-mindedness and common sense, strong humanitarian motivation.
- Location: Gaza Strip
- Duration: to 31.12.2018 (renewable).
- Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
- WASH Program Manager : (Ref #: RE1/2018/01/WASHPM)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV.
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their information contacts’.
All above documents should be sent no later than 02:00 p.m. on 27th June 2018 to the following e-mail address:
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer