MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Currently, MA’AN has been working on implementing a project of “Supporting the Resilience and Steadfastness of the most vulnerable populations in Food Security and WASH in the WB & GS”. MA’AN Development Center is seeking competent and highly qualified WASH engineers to work in its office in Gaza. The project is proposed to address the main vulnerabilities of Wadi Salqa community that are related to the poor access to safe and equitable WASH services.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Follow up the project field activities (construction/maintenance of WASH facilities) and ensure compliance with the quality and accountability standards.
- Conduct technical assessment for the needed maintenance/rehabilitation works.
- Elaborate tender’s documents including the BoQ’s and technical specifications.
- Conduct daily site supervision for the construction and maintenance works to ensure compliance with agreed specifications.
- Ensure well documentation of the site activities (maintenance/rehabilitation activities).
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on the progress of the field activities.
- Perform any other related tasks required by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- At least 5 years of experience in construction management.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar projects (WASH projects).
- Experience in working within the NGO sector.
- Organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Good reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Integrity and strong identification with MAAN Core Values.
Education and Knowledge:
- At minimum a Bachelor's degree in civil or architectural engineering.
- Knowledgeable about the Minimum WASH and Shelter Standards.
- Knowledgeable about the protection principles.
Candidates with experience in the mentioned fields are encouraged to apply for this position, Cover letter and curriculum vitae in English are to be submitted by email to [email protected], please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email WASH Engineer.
Deadline for submission: Must be delivered before Thursday 11th April 2019 at 04:00 PM