MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January 1989 and registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA’AN Development Center in partnership with Oxfam is currently implementing the in-kind food distribution activity within the general food assistance program of the World Food Program (WFP) in the Gaza Strip. Therefore, MA’A is looking for two qualified warehouse managers with an extensive relevant experience to manage the operations of two warehouses in North Gaza and Khan Younis for a period of 5 months. The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for maintaining efficient operations within the warehouse. The incumbent will be responsible for inventory management, packaging, distribution management and control, and directly managing the warehouse team. Enforcing and following all policies and procedures for safety and standards of quality are of importance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design the warehouse layout to decide on the most efficient way to organize and handle the commodities entry, packaging, and distribution/exit through beneficiaries.
- Responsible to oversee the handover of commodities and supervise proper storage by laborers.
- Packaging and division of commodities, leading and managing the laborers.
- The packaging will be done directly by contracted laborers, who will be trained and sensitized by Oxfam on Gender policies and feedback mechanisms.
- Warehouse manager prepares daily and quarterly reports on commodities in each cycle.
- Warehouse manager will ensure safety management of laborers and the warehouse (cameras, security guards, locking the warehouse, etc.).
- Warehouse manager will ensure documentation of the distribution process.
- Coordinate with goods provider on receiving goods on quarter basis.
- Liaise with WFP logistic team to ensure donor requirements in place.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in operations management, business administration, engineering, or similar field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in warehouse operations/logistics or supply chain, preferably with local or international NGOs. This includes experience with inventory distribution and control.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience as a warehouse manager or equivalent positions, preferably with local or international NGOs.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse management, inventory management, and commodity packaging and distribution.
- Experience of working in a team and dealing with people in a warehouse setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Numeracy Skills and good understanding of finance for stock management.
- People management and team working skills, including the ability to guide and motive warehouse assistants, laborers, and other team members as necessary.
- Planning and organizing skills to effectively manage the flow of stock from and into the warehouse.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications, particularly when it comes to database management and spreadsheets using excel.
- Ability to produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis about the distribution process in the warehouse under his/her management.
- problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical level.
- the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- knowledge of the legal and safety & security requirements of operating a warehouse.
The interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae by email to [email protected] no later than Saturday 26th January 2019 at 04:00 PM
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email