Vice Dean for Academic Affairs
Post No: 18/2022
Reporting to: College Dean
Supervision for: Academic Departments’ Heads, other supporting department heads.
Note: Contracting procedures for this position follow the SCME by laws related to the academic staff.
Smart College for Modern Education (SCME) is a Palestinian College which was established in 2021 in Hebron. SCME is a leading college in the field of vocational stream of higher education, by providing modern offerings through totally new education methods.
As a part of human resources development, SCME is looking for a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of (Vice Dean for Academic Affairs), whose capable of the below requirements:
- Overall supervision for academics and related supporting departments.
- Representing the college in coordination with MOHE and other governmental departments.
- Active participation in building bridges and relations with higher educational institutes locally and internationally.
- Co-development of the annual plan for academic affairs, and following-up the implementation.
- Conducting revision and amendments to the current academic policies which determine the procedures related to admission, registration, evaluation, graduation...etc.
- Leading the process of semester planning, courses’ schedule organization, and the distribution of the courses among the teaching staff.
- Conducting the needed assessment for the newly recruited staff, and offering training plans for those who are currently on job.
- Envisioning the capacity building process for the teaching staff.
- Alignment of SCME corporate strategy with academic offerings and programs.
- Disseminating the principles of total quality management and vocational safety, and following-up the applications among academic departments.
- Holding workshops to include the 21st century skills, green skills, and recycling skills in SCME curricula.
- Supervising the market research and studies which aim at the development of new programs.
- Following-up the logistic needs for academic departments (Teaching Environment, Labs, and workshops).
- Managing the process of curricula development, including searching for scientific resources.
- Leading periodic meetings of academic committees.
- Preparation of periodic and annual reports on academic work.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualified candidates should meet the following criteria as minimum requirements:
- Holding a Ph.D. in Management, Engineering, or Technology-related field from an accredited university.
- At least 7 years of experience in a supervisory position in a higher education institute, preferably in Palestine.
- Evidence of scientific research history, with publications in accredited journals (with high IF score), and participation in international conferences.
- Proven experience in curricula development, preferably in TVET sector.
- Excellent leadership skills and capability of representing SCME in official context.
- Familiarity with MOHE regulations and programs licensing procedures.
- Having a teaching experience in her/his field.
- Having an excellent score of English language (L, W, R, S).
- Very good knowledge of interactive learning methodologies, and related technologies.
SCME is accepting applications for this post until Nov.30th.2022 @ 11:59 pm. SMCE is an equal-opportunity employer. Therefore, all interested candidates are encouraged to apply, while only those who meet the eligibility criteria will be contacted for further recruitment process.
For those who are interested, please follow the button “Apply Now”