The Palestinian Livestock Development Center (PLDC) is a nonprofit organization working in livestock sector development. In partnership with OXFAM through a project financed by the Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development(AICS),PLDC is seeking to recruit an experienced, committed, and suitable candidate to fulfill the following position:
PLDC is implementing a project" Beyond the barriers. Promotion of a gender sensitive and sustainable rural development to ensure the food security and resilience of vulnerable communities of the West Bank" Funded by (AICS)The supervisor main responsibilities will specifically ensure efficient management, coordination and facilitation of the implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the project,.The supervisor will be an integral member of the PLDC's Project Development team ,he/she will be working closely with Oxfam management team members and private sector partners, actors and stakeholder. The supervisor will report directly to the Project Manager and to the PLDC Director.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage and coordinate the project closely with the staff assigned to the project;
- Lead and coordinate all project technical and administrative Duties;
- Ensure that all relevant project data, documents, publications, communication is properly registered including proper and timely archiving (digital and hard copies) .
- Document and share learning generated from the project implementation.
- Assist, support, respect and cooperate with veterinarians as directed with diagnostic procedures and the medical, surgical and therapeutic treatment of animals,
- Report and edit quarterly, semi-annual, and annual narrative reporting to Oxfam together with relevant staff;
- Create the work schedules for technicians and veterinary assistants, including finding coverage or working himself when someone is absent
- Oversee the regulation of drugs and supplies, maintain adequate inventory levels and have a physical inventory count on a regular basis
- Plan technician and veterinary assistant department monthly meetings and keep written notes of discussions and decisions.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Interpersonal skills and languages:
- Bachelor's degree in veterinary Certified / licensed / registered (Master's Degree is preferred) or any other related field
- At least five years of working experience with local and international nongovernmental organizations working in agricultural and economic development sectors
- Proven experience in coordinating the implementation of the monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment systems and processes.
- Possess proven leadership skills that involve developing, managing and motivating teams to achieve their objectives.
- Have analytical, design and problem solving skills and dedication to maintaining high quality standards.
- Possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a team, independently and under pressure.
- Excellent leadership, communication, organization and reporting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Excellent computer skills, mainly advanced level of Microsoft office applications.
- Strong ability to organize information and handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Valid driver license (preferred).
Qualified candidates with relevant education and skills must send their Curriculum Vitae (CV), motivation letter, and contact details of three references in English language. Kindly include in the email’s subject line, the job title and your last name as: "veterinarian supervisor_ Your Last Name"
The full application is to be sent via email to: The full application is to be sent via email to:
No later than Thursday, October 18, 2018. Applications received after this date or incomplete applications will not be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.