Palestinian Livestock Development Center "PLDC" \ Tubas is a nonprofit organization working in livestock sector in partnership with OXFAM. PLDC is seeking to recruit experienced, committed, and suitable professionals to fill the following positions:
Summary: PLDC is implementing Economic Development projects in partnership with Oxfam and with funding from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) -AMENCA 3- with the aim of improving production, market systems, and policies in the small ruminant’s value chain.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Effectively supervise the Project Coordinators, Field Coordinators and MEAL Monitor.
2) Coordinate all activities related to the project, including procurement, community mobilization, beneficiary selection and employer relationship management.
3) Selection, development and prioritization of Livestock "Small ruminants" value chains
- Market analysis
- Mapping the value chain
- Analyzing value chain technical capacities
- Analyzing economic performance and benchmarking competitiveness
- Analysis of external sources of competitiveness
- Analysis of economic parameters
- Formulation of an upgrading strategy for selected value chains
- Identifying constraints to chain performance
- value chain upgrading strategy Definition of roles and responsibilities
- Implementation of upgrading strategies Monitoring and impact assessment
Output: design intervention concept model to be approved by donor
2) Development of the value chain
- Business environment
- Institutional support
- Improving access to business development services
- Strengthening the role and capacities of business membership
- Compliance with health , safety, quality and environment requirements
- Specific direct interventions and programs
- Cluster and network development
- Support to small and medium agri enterprises
- Investment promotion
Output: approved models implementation and technical follow up
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
-At least 5-plus years experience working in agricultural value chains
-University degree in agriculture, business, or development related field (Masters Degree preferred).
-Extensive experience working with and brokering partnerships with public and private sector partners.
-A strong background in the NGO sector and particularly agricultural and economic development.
-An in-depth knowledge of the Palestinian agricultural sector
-Fluency in English (required) and Arabic.
-Self-starter, ability to work in fast-paced, diverse work environment with minimal support infrastructure
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered.
Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.