Agricultural Development Association (PARC)
is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Value Chain Officer /WB
Proposed Location: West Bank
Starting date: As soon as possible
Main Tasks and Duties:
- Work with the project Manager and the technical staff members on the design and the development of the intervention models and concept notes. Selection, development and prioritization of value chains as follows: -
- Market analysis
- Mapping the value chain
- Analysing value chain technical capacities
- Analysing economic performance and benchmarking competitiveness
- Analysis of external sources of competitiveness
- Analysis of economic parameters
- Formulation of an upgrading strategy for selected value chains
- Identifying constraints to chain performance
- Value chain upgrading strategy Definition of roles and responsibilities
- Implementation of upgrading strategies Monitoring and impact assessment
- Assist the project management team on the market analysis and mapping the value chains.
- Identify constraints and propose possible intervention in response to the addressed needs and demands.
- Support the project management on the Development of agribusiness value chain as follows:
- Business environment.
- Institutional support.
- Improving access to business development services.
- Strengthening the role and capacities of business membership organizations.
- Compliance with health, safety, quality management systems and environment requirements.
- Specific direct interventions and programs.
- Cluster and network development.
- Support to small and medium agri-enterprises.
- Investment promotion.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Competences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, business or any other relevant degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in working with value chains and market system development approaches.
- A strong background in the NGO sector and particularly agricultural and economic development.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Palestinian agricultural sector.
- Facilitation with the project key stakeholders including Private Sector
- Familiar with the participatory approaches and techniques.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a team and horizontal exchange of information and ideas.
- Ability to work under pressure and with different levels of impact populations.
- Outstanding analytical, negotiation and reporting skills, both in Arabic and English
Qualified candidates with relevant education and experience are encouraged to send their CV's with a cover letter no later than Wedensday 20 st of Nov 2019.