The Urban Planner will work under the overall supervision of IPCC Program Manager and will report to the IPCC Chairman.
He/she will be part of the IPCC planning team as Urban Planner, mainly working on the planning projects in Area C which led by the Planning Department of the Palestinian Ministry of Local Government. He/She will work closely with the Planning Team leader and with the Program Manager to lead on specific expected results assigned to him/her.
He/she will build up and maintain a network of local organizations and professionals, working on civil society related matters, work closely and liaise with the Director of the Planning Department in the Ministry of Local Government, and other relevant counterparts with the Palestinian Authority, and project partners on project activities, as requested by the Program Manager.
Description of Responsibilities:
The Urban Planner will fulfil the following functions and be responsible for the following expected results:
- Prepare planning packages: prepare locality profiles, Action plans, GIS maps, planning programs, outline plans on AutoCAD, attend meetings with the MoLG, local authorities, local communities, and ICA.
- Project management: Support the Chairman and the Program Manager by providing appropriate technical and management support for urban planning program.
- Developing programs and projects: provide technical inputs.
Impact of Results
The Urban Planner will play a key role in quality assurance of project results, in relation to his/her field of expertise and help to ensure efficient and effective project management.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning: Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession; actively seek to develop oneself professionally and personally; contribute to the learning of colleagues and subordinates; show willingness to learn from others; seek feedback to learn and improve;
- Communication: strong conceptual skills combined with a proven ability to write technical and normative documents addressing a variety of audiences;
- Teamwork: must be able to operate in multicultural teams in a flexible manner;
- Accountability: should be able to perform her/his duties under pressure and with deadlines.
Education: Minimum to have a university degree preferably in Architecture, urban planning, or related field. (Masters are preferred)
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years working experience on urban planning and local development, including concrete planning experience in the occupied Palestinian territory; Familiarity with strategic planning concepts and local assessment needs: knowledge of the Israeli planning system and requirements is an asset.
Language Requirements: Fluency in spoken and written English, Arabic
Knowledge of Hebrew is considered an asset;
Driving license is considered an asset;
IPCC is an equal opportunity employer: applications from both internal and external men and women will be considered equally
ملاحظة: التقدم لهذه الوظيفة فقط بإرسال السيرة الذاتية للايميل المشار اليه
Important message to all applicants!
-Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Please note that only applications that are under consideration will be contacted. .