The Transportation Engineer will work under the overall supervision of IPCC Program Manager and will report to the IPCC Chairman.
He/she will be part of the IPCC planning team as Transportation Engineer, mainly working on the planning projects in Area C which led by the Planning Department of the Palestinian Ministry of Local Government. He/She will work closely with the Planning Team leader and with the Program Manager to lead on specific expected results assigned to him/her.
Description of Responsibilities:
The Transportation Engineer will fulfil the following functions and be responsible for the following expected results:
- Prepare Transportation plans: Analyze the existing roads network, prepare and check the proposed network, prepare cut and fill diagrams.
- Develop the outline plan: attend meetings with the planning team, local communities, MoLG, ICA.
Roads authorization: Follow up with the technical authorities to get the fully approvals.
Impact of Results
The Transportation Engineer will play a key role in quality assurance of project results, in relation to his/her field of expertise and help to ensure efficient and effective project management.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning: Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession; actively seek to develop oneself professionally and personally; contribute to the learning of colleagues and subordinates; show willingness to learn from others; seek feedback to learn and improve;
- Communication: strong conceptual skills combined with a proven ability to write technical and normative documents addressing a variety of audiences;
- Teamwork: must be able to operate in multicultural teams in a flexible manner;
- Accountability: should be able to perform her/his duties under pressure and with deadlines.
Education: Minimum to have a university degree preferably in Civil engineer – transportation engineer, or related field.
Experience Minimum of eight (8) years working experience on transportation planning, including concrete planning experience in the occupied Palestinian territory;
Using AutoCAD Civil 3D
Knowledge of the Israeli transportation planning system and requirements is an asset.
Language Requirements: Fluency in spoken and written English, Arabic
Knowledge of Hebrew is considered an asset
IPCC is an equal opportunity employer: applications from both internal and external men and women will be considered equally.
ملاحظة: التقدم لهذه الوظيفة فقط بإرسال السيرة الذاتية للايميل المشار اليه
Important message to all applicants!
-Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Please note that only applications that are under consideration will be contacted. .