Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The purpose of the UDOC Technical Officer position is day-to-day implementation of the Urban Displacement out of Camps project activities under the programmatic management of the UDOC Coordinator.
- Actively participate in developing project documents (assessment forms, activities, proposal writing, agreements, ToRs etc…)
- Facilitate preparation of rapid assessments, needs assessments, post-distribution assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities.
- Provide trainings to local partners as per project action plans
- Follow up implementation of capacity building programs to communities, partners and main stakeholders
- Support in training and coaching of project partners Ministry of Social Development (MOSD) and Municipalities staff members in advocacy and lobbying.
- Conduct needs assessments of partners and communities in relation to capacity building issues
- Organizes and participates in emergency response activities, including rapid assessments, emergency distributions, cash distributions, and working within the humanitarian response framework
- Works with team members to conduct emergency preparedness activities and preparedness sessions within communities
- Maintain a degree of flexibility to work irregular hours in the case of a rapid emergency response
- Facilitation of services sensitization and provision by other agencies to IDP's and host communities.
- Coordinate internally with NRC core competences such as ICLA/Protection, Shelter, Education and WASH to ensure that UDOC activities are integrated and address the acute needs on the ground.
- Acts as M&E focal point to track project’s progress and participate in project’s evaluations.
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Bachelor degree in business administration, social science or relevant fields.
- 2 years’ experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience in capacity building and community based programming
- Experience of field level coordination
- Understanding of the disaster risk management cycle, specifically preparedness planning and emergency response
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English
- Experience in camp management and urban displacement in similar context
- Experience in community based mobilization and monitoring
- Knowledge in communication with stakeholders and communities
- Knowledge of complaint mechanisms and feedback mechanisms
- Experienced trainer and ability to design and implement trainings
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes with positive approach
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: 12 months
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة