Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in 31 countries, where we help save lives, rebuild futures and promote the rights of people who are displaced. We deliver high-quality aid where needs are greatest, in both new and protracted crises.
In Palestine, NRC provides humanitarian assistance and promotes respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. In the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, NRC’s work includes emergency preparedness and response, education, ICLA, protection, shelter and WASH.
The purpose of the UDOC officer position is day-to-day implementation of the UDOC Projects’ activities.
- Provide trainings to local partners and beneficiaries as per project action plans, including development of training materials
- Support in training and coaching of project partners and community focal points
- Conduct needs assessments of partners, communities and beneficiaries
- Conduct field visits and vulnerability assessments to beneficiaries
- Gather and organize data collected from field as per project implementation plan, in accordance to NRC quality assurance measures
- Organizes and participates in emergency response activities, including rapid assessments, emergency distributions, cash distributions, and working within the humanitarian response framework.
- Works with team members to conduct emergency preparedness activities and preparedness sessions within communities
- Maintain a degree of flexibility to work irregular hours in the case of a rapid emergency response
- Coordinate internally with NRC core competences such as Protection, ICLA, Shelter, WASH and Education to ensure that emergency activities are integrated and address the acute needs on the ground
- Undertake any other reasonable task assigned by management
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Our Ideal Candidate must have:
- Bachelor degree in business administration, social science or relevant fields.
- 2 years’ experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience in community based programming
- Experience of field level coordination
- Experience in urban displacement issues and management of community focal points
- Basic understanding of the disaster risk management cycle, specifically preparedness planning and emergency response
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English (reading and writing)
- Experience in emergency response in similar context
- Experience in community based mobilization and monitoring
- Knowledge in communication with stakeholders and communities
- Knowledge of complaint mechanisms and feedback mechanisms
- Experienced trainer and ability to design and implement trainings
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes with positive approach
In this position, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team making a difference for vulnerable people in one of the world's most complex humanitarian crisis.
Contract duration: 5 months
Working hours: 40 hours/week, Sun-Thu (5 days per week)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gaza (open to Gaza residents only)
Start Date: ASAP
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة